• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ordinarily, you'd think they'd bring in a second seamer for Leach rather than play three extremely inexperienced spinners plus Root and just the one quicker bowler. There doesn't seem to be much point in Anderson being there is they don't use him at some stage. Mind you, I wasn't nuts about the selection in the first test, so what do I know?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ordinarily, you'd think they'd bring in a second seamer for Leach rather than play three extremely inexperienced spinners plus Root and just the one quicker bowler. There doesn't seem to be much point in Anderson being there is they don't use him at some stage. Mind you, I wasn't nuts about the selection in the first test, so what do I know?
I mean they can still do Thatha for Wood and Bashir for Leach no?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I mean they can still do Thatha for Wood and Bashir for Leach no?
Thatha?

I mean, they could bring in a quick for Wood and Bashir for Leach, but that still leave a really inexperienced attack. As in one experienced bowler (not including Root, tbf). At least the attack last time had two in Wood and Leach.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thatha?

I mean, they could bring in a quick for Wood and Bashir for Leach, but that still leave a really inexperienced attack. As in one experienced bowler (not including Root, tbf). At least the attack last time had two in Wood and Leach.
means Grandpa in Tamil. aka Anderson.

And.. hey our batting has like 5 tests between them.. its only fair your spin attack does too.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Anderson in his last three subcontinent tours -

Sri Lanka 2021:
Average 7.67 Economy 1.48
India 2021:
Average 15.88 Economy 1.93
Pakistan 2022:
Average 18.5 Economy 2.21

A total of 22 wickets at an average of 14.59 and at an economy of 1.92 in 6 matches.
I stand corrected. He's done better than my memory has remembered.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
The 3rd Lions match began today.

Potts ripped through the top order with 4 wickets and Carse has the 5th as India A reduced to 135/5.

Potts has had a great tour #justsaying

A strong Durham is a strong England.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I stand corrected. He's done better than my memory has remembered.
Don't worry mate.....this memory loss with regards JA is a ****ing pandemic around here.

If Jimmy is fit he should be first picked of the seamers.

There is no doubt his last series was likely his worst since his early years but he was as a good as ever before prior to that. Was that Ashes series a blip? (**** off Burgey no comment required from you) or has time finally caught up with the legend? Get him on the park so we find out. Cos I'll tip heavily it's the former, every time he gets written off as past it the bloke just keeps churning out atg numbers.......and that's been going on for over a decade.

Molehill

International Captain
The 3rd Lions match began today.

Potts ripped through the top order with 4 wickets and Carse has the 5th as India A reduced to 135/5.

Potts has had a great tour #justsaying

A strong Durham is a strong England.
Potts is having a hell of a series, he's up to 16 wickets now at under 15.

Also worth noting that India A have recovered from 82-5.

I looked at the scorecard earlier on Crapinfo and they'd somehow managed to put this fellow into the India side.....

Monkey Hornby aka The Boss!!