• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Arachnodouche

International Captain
forgive me for being stupid (standing offer) but why couldn’t they just have golfed in india? seems like taking a plane back to abu dhabi for that would have been, at best, neutral, at worst, something that could impinge on preparation and make them an easy target if things went wrong in the matches which they ultimately did
I just assumed it was easier for their families to gather in the Gulf because of easier (?) visa rules for UK citizens?

Anyway, this modern let's play golf and footy during long breaks between games because we obviously have no technical flaws in our cricket whatsoever to iron out mindset is something else.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
forgive me for being stupid (standing offer) but why couldn’t they just have golfed in india? seems like taking a plane back to abu dhabi for that would have been, at best, neutral, at worst, something that could impinge on preparation and make them an easy target if things went wrong in the matches which they ultimately did
They wanted to play on green tops.

Victor Ian

International Coach
this is a good test for mccullums man management. its not great coaching to just be positive for everyone. you need to know what gets different people going. Robinson comes across like the kind who needs some Stokes in an alley treatment. it might make him reassess and get his head into the game instead of on his next social media **** up. if olly comes good, mccullum is a genius.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Tests against Ireland don't count though.
Because Ireland is not a real country [/RICHARD]
[/QUOTE]

shouldn't that be Tests against England shouldn't count as England isn't a country.... (UK is, Repubteam of Ireland is, much like West Indies is a conglomerate)

then again is it required for them to be a country or just given Test status....

Molehill

International Captain
I think they also met up with family in Abu Dhabi which may have been more complicated to do (visa) in India.

Molehill

International Captain
What’s your point? They were in Abu Dhabi before the first and won. They were there before the third and lost.

The whole ‘they were playing golf’ thing has become a boring meme too.
By far the worst performance of this Tour was the 3rd Test. They bowled and fielded poorly on the opening day, batted like imbeciles on Day 3, then got annihilated. They open themselves up to criticism when they perform like that.

These are highly paid sportsmen, is it asking too much for them to keep the golf on the backburner whilst they're on a 6 week Test Tour?

Kraken

State Captain
By far the worst performance of this Tour was the 3rd Test. They bowled and fielded poorly on the opening day, batted like imbeciles on Day 3, then got annihilated. They open themselves up to criticism when they perform like that.

These are highly paid sportsmen, is it asking too much for them to keep the golf on the backburner whilst they're on a 6 week Test Tour?
yeah I dunno about this take - as much as I severely dislike England, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal they played golf on their time off in what’s a big high-profile series.

(granted their performance means they have opened up the criticism, but I highly doubt the golf has much, if anything to do with it).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

The performance was poor, but to correlate it with being in Abu Dhabi is nonsense.