• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
India as you would expect in Indian conditions were the better team - fair play to them.

But before some of the Indian supporters on here self combust with happiness at beating us, the real test for any team comes away from home and as we know India's record in England is not so good.

In fact, despite India having some of its best ever sides in recent years, you have to go all the way back to 2007 for their last series win in England.

So my Indian friends it's 17 years and counting.
Hey Indian fans, take note! Until you beat England in England, don't you dare be happy!

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
India as you would expect in Indian conditions were the better team - fair play to them.

But before some of the Indian supporters on here self combust with happiness at beating us, the real test for any team comes away from home and as we know India's record in England is not so good.

In fact, despite India having some of its best ever sides in recent years, you have to go all the way back to 2007 for their last series win in England.

So my Indian friends it's 17 years and counting.
I think we were 2-1 up the last time we toured and you guys beat us after a break or else we did well to punch you in your own home passing through your own moat and made you surrender and call for mercy.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Yeah reach WTC finals again
Play the finals in England again
Lose the final again
Yea losing finals is never good.
But reaching finals consistently is also a result of playing good consistent cricket for long time. Unlike England or SA who probably won't reach the finals in their 3rd attempt.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Yeah reach WTC finals again
Play the finals in England again
Lose the final again
Among the most useless competitions ever! Eng is not a neutral venue for Asian teams, anyone with half a pint of blood in their brains would know that. Most S.E.N.A. have at least a 50/50 chance to beat Asian teams in any of these 4 host countries, they have a near zero chance of beating India anywhere in Asia even if it's a one off game!

Probably the best way to decide the final should be having one test in your home country & have another away - decide the winner based on runs scored/wickets taken overall.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't wait to see the deck and conditions in Dharmashala - it's going to be cold and different. The two things I hope for are 1) the outfield is fixed, and 2) no horns at the ground - matches at that ground were unwatchable and gave me massive headaches with the constant horns.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I can't wait to see the deck and conditions in Dharmashala - it's going to be cold and different.
they will go full bazball

dharamshala is a hard pitch

i hope we get a bunsen and finish the match in 2 days whether we win or lose. boys have earned a break

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yeah at the moment best case scenario for him is all rounder slot, but most certainly not someone you would want as a front line spinner atm.

He is young , but its going to be interesting to see who emerges to replace Ashwin/Jadeja over the next 18 months, monumentally big shoes to fill.
IMG_6292.jpeg
IMG_6293.jpeg

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Debutant
Apart from the injured Leach, I'm struggling to think whom you could mean? They have tried Robinson this test to provide control and now looks permanently a yard short of where he was in December 2022. So whom might you mean?
Dawson probably should've come in, and otherwise they could've just tried an extra pacer anyway (Wood or a Lions pacer call up), since the bowlers all seem to know how to swing a bat.

Fact is, this time around England gave away more runs and took wickets more slowly compared to 2021, which honestly doesn't make them look that impressive even accounting for pitch differences.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Dawson probably should've come in, and otherwise they could've just tried an extra pacer anyway (Wood or a Lions pacer call up), since the bowlers all seem to know how to swing a bat.

Fact is, this time around England gave away more runs and took wickets more slowly compared to 2021, which honestly doesn't make them look that impressive even accounting for pitch differences.
Jaiswal OP.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And yet but for the rain at Manchester, we would have been Australia 3-2.

Remind me again the last time Australia won a series in India or England.🤔
But for England having the best of conditions and having complete control over the kind of pitches we played on game by game, it would have been 5-0 Australia's way.

Remind me again the last time England won a game in Australia.