• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Tbf that is a lost art, the reason why our past batter were great against spin is because of this. They could use the occasional sweep, SRT/Sehwag/VVS/Ganguly/Siddhu(?) all had it, but importantly jump out of the crease to disrupt bowler's lengths! Sweep because 2x as effective if you do that. Most Indian batters don't use sweep & rarely step out of the crease, this is why Jaiswal/Jurel & to a lesser extent Sarfaraz have done relatively well.
Do you have a problem reading what sarcasm looks like?
Yeah I’ve got autism and ADHD. So I miss things and then jump in feet first too quickly :laugh:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Obviously a really disappointing day for us but fair play to India, they fought back really well.

The innings from Jurel was massive. Even though we still had a 1st innings lead, you felt the momentum was with India.

I don't think we did too much wrong with the bat, Kuldeep bowled brilliantly on a tricky pitch.

We needed at least 1 wkt in the short spell before the close but India got off to a flier.

Apart from the 1st day, the 1st session has been good for batting and if its the same tomorrow, India may cruise this.

But you never know. Wickets can fall in clusters on this pitch so never say never.

Gob

International Coach
Hey it’s not done yet by any means. **** could go side ways tomorrow. That’s why bazzball has been so successful