• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Niall

International Coach
Damn! I guess we still have Patidar so we should be ok…
Paddikal maybe?

He doesn't open in 4 day cricket I think but he does in the IPL so close enough :ph34r:

They could also ask Gill to open and have Paddikal bat at three.

Sudharsan also did well against the Lions, Easwaran picked a bloody bad time to have a bad series though.:(

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Bairstow is very fortunate that everyone's having a go at Root. If he fails in the second innings I'd dump him for Lawrence, but then Johnny is part of the in-crowd so they'd probably bin Foakes.
Bairstows made no runs, but he got out in the technically correct, bairstow way (missing a straight one). He's fine.

On a serious note, still reckon bairstow and foakes should swap spots in the order.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Duckett on Jaiswal’s knock: England should take credit for teams batting aggressively in Tests

Can't wait for them to claim Head’s tons in 21/22 Ashes were inspired by BazBall.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duckett on Jaiswal’s knock: England should take credit for teams batting aggressively in Tests

TBF a lot of englands opponents are thankful they’ve got to bat against them.

He’s played one good knock and he’s now the definitive voice on the history and evolution of test cricket.

Flog.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I want to see two things tomorrow: a 500 run target which tbh I'm not optimistic about considering Jaiswal's back and the inexperienced middle order. And second, Rohit putting some thought into his fields like he did on Saturday and not give these guys easy boundaries, however big the target might be. At least cut out the swept boundaries on either side. Force them to find other options of attack and well done to them if they do.
We will just fold under scoreboard pressure so quite honestly don't know why you are worried

Niall

International Coach
Yes Ben, India never have had aggressive batsman at the top of the order before Bazball. :clap:
“When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Although marsh's overall average under mcdonaldball is around around 50, his average in his last 14 tests is 31, and that includes a 118 and a 63* not out.

And excluding tests vs pakistan, his mcdonaldball average overall is 36 in 5 tests.

See, I can fudge numbers to make my point seem valid, too! Did you know that if you exclude the 100 not out's bradman made, he has a more realistic average??? Bloke was clearly a fraud!
He’s averaging 51 since McCullum took over.His last 20 tests before he was averaging 54.

His run per innings under mccullum is 44 as opposed to 53 in the prior 20 tests.

5 not outs to 1 boosting his average. 3 of them came in the first 4 McCullum tests while Root was still playing more like himsel.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant
He’s averaging 51 since McCullum took over.His last 20 tests before he was averaging 54.

His run per innings under mccullum is 44 as opposed to 53 in the prior 20 tests.

5 not outs to 1 boosting his average. 3 of them came in the first 4 McCullum tests while Root was still playing more like himsel.
What’s his average since the start of the SA series?

Starfighter

Yes Ben, India never have had aggressive batsman at the top of the order before Bazball. :clap:
“When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket.
It's nice to know that Dhawan's 187(174) on debut never actually happened. As a matter of fact, I think it's best if we declare that the whole 2012/13 Border-Gavaskar trophy never happened.

Gnske

Starfighter I believe you mean just the 2013 series. If you will recall, that series did not in fact take place over the Australian summer as you would imply by the slash. It in fact took place in India and therefore was not in 2012 but in the first quarter of 2013 prior to the later Ashes which also did not take place in 2012/2013. In fact, you will recall that Homeworkgate which coincided with the 2013 series is not historically recorded as taking place in the 2012/2013 season.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
England only paying 12-1 for a victory???? Meaning you’d expect England to win 1/13 times? Really? That’s BS. I looked in to see if they were paying more than 25:1 so I could bet money on England but 12:1 is giving England too high of a chance. Too many bettors brainwashed by Bazball.