• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Howe_zat

Audio File
Last 5 overs 21/0. A lot invested in this partnership, a wicket now would really have us under the cosh.

Just a different kind of risk really.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last 5 overs 21/0. A lot invested in this partnership, a wicket now would really have us under the cosh.

Just a different kind of risk really.
Sure, but big picture, they're more than half way there after 10 overs, RRR just 7.2 in 10 overs with 8 wickets in hand. They could well afford that 5 overs & should still be strong favs if they lose one now, especially with deep batting.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sure, but big picture, they're more than half way there after 10 overs, RRR just 7.2 in 10 overs with 8 wickets in hand. They could well afford that 5 overs & should still be strong favs if they lose one now, especially with deep batting.
Yeah, they're doing fine, I'm just thinking out loud. I reckon we have pretty set ideas of 'risk' in cricket but under different circumstances it's not always obvious.

As always, whether defending or slogging, it was the right decision so long as it worked.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Great knock from Morgan. I agree with going for it from here to end it quickly, nudging singles just brings trouble when deficit is small.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gotta get a rule that you should be capable of clearing the boundary and not be a liability in the field if you wanna be picked in the T20 XI. Some passengers India have got at the moment.

91Jmay

International Coach
This has been a poor innings from Root. He normally scores well in T20s but just got mindset wrong today, to much swiping at ball not enough proper shots.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there anyone still playing international cricket who made his debut before 1999?

it's not Younis Khan ftr I checked

91Jmay

International Coach
Can't fathom the point in picking Nehra for this. I get a tournament if he is one of your best bowlers but surely you look at someone else in this kind of series?