• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Cricketweb Land February/March 2010

bryce

International Regular
Nice:cool: Be interesting to see what sort of role Fuller plays in the Test side. Congratulations to him, Bowen and of course Cribb :D They will really have to take their chances while Kerr is injured and it will be interesting to see who does, though one will probably be named 12th man, if it is not myself. Loving the prospect of Wilson and I being 3rd and 4th seamers.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good looking side. Didn't do enough in my last series to warrant selection but hopefully I'll tear my way back into the side. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cricketweb XI Named squad for First Test

Cricketweb XI selectors have today named their 12 for tomorrow's first test vs England, it is as follows:

Neil Pickup (Captain) (CW Black), Dan Smith (Vice-Captain) (CW Black), Hakon Mork (Wicketkeeper (CW Red), Andrew Cloete (CW Black), Chris Butler (CW Colts), Robert Cribb (CW Green), Rob Bowen (CW Blue), Sean Fuller (CW Blue), Mike Wilson (CW Colts), Bryce Cunningham (CW Green), Nick Borcich (CW Black) and David Kennett (CW Red).

There was no room for Andrew Garven who after a mediocre debut in his first three tests hasn't had the form to warrant selection for this game, Will Kerr is currently injured and will return for the second test. Greg Thomas has also been overlooked for the 12 but could consider himself a little unlucky.

Marcuss could you please ensure an 11 is named for England in the next 24 hours.
:happy:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricketweb XI side for First Test

Selectors have this afternoon confirmed the XI for tomorrows opening test in England, three players have been named to make their debut with Sean Fuller getting that elusive first cap after a number of appearances as twelfth man. Robert Cribb and Rob Bowen will also take their place in the middle order, however the biggest shock has come in the form of a batting order reschuffle with wicketkeeper Hakon Mork being dropped down to number 7, Sean Fuller will open the batting with Dan Smith. Bryce Cunningham has been named Twelfth Man.

The Team is:
1 Dan Smith
2 Sean Fuller
3 Andrew Cloete
4 Chris Butler
5 Robert Cribb
6 Rob Bowen
7 Hakon Mork+
8 Mike Wilson
9 Nick Borcich
10 David Kennett
11 Neil Pickup*
12th Man: Bryce Cunningham

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have to say, haven't expected any of this. Expected to be overlooked for CW A, expected to be left out of the Test squad and then expected to be made 12th man. Absolutely stoked with how it's all worked out though obviously. Goes to show that if you just keep plugging away in Dev League and improving your game you'll get given an opportunity. Debuting with Bowen makes it that little bit sweeter too.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I remember when I batted at nine once. I think I did, at least. I could have made that up.

Going to be a big ask for bowlers on both sides this series, with two very long batting line-ups facing up to one another. Hopefully that will mean that the English tendency to be the best team of all time for three hours won't be enough to strike the decisive blow that it usually does.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good luck Cribb, hopefully you'll carry on your gun form and cement that place.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England Lineup For First Test Against Cricketweb Land

The lineup named by England contains just one change from their last Test down in South Africa. With James Anderson injured, Graeme Onions comes back into the side to take the new ball. The batting looks strong but with just a four man attack all the bowlers will need to be on form. Paul Collingwood was seen practicing his cutters yesterday evening whilst Mark Davies honed his skills as 12 man.

1. Andrew Strauss*
  2. Alastair Cook
  3. Johnathan Trott
  4. Kevin Pietersen
  5. Paul Collingwood
  6. Ian Bell
  7. Matt Prior +
  8. Graeme Swann
  9. Stuart Broad
  10. Ryan Sidebottom
  11. Graeme Onions

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's so awesome. I expected to be 12th man also. Really looking forward to the debut alongside both Fuller and Cribb!

Bring it on!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricketweb XI vs England
@ CW Oval (1st Test)

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Cricketweb XI were playing their first test on home soil in over a year, the home crowd were buzzing with expectation as the improving nation were meeting a tough challenger in England. The visitors were coming off a pretty poor performance in the tour match versus Cricketweb 'A' while CW last played test cricket against New Zealand and comfortably accounted for them 3-0. Cricketweb XI named three debutaunts with Sean Fuller, Robert Cribb and Rob Bowen all being included in the XI, in form Green seamer Bryce Cunningham was amde twelfth man.

Andrew Strauss won the toss for England and elected to bat, Alistair Cook didn't last long as the Development Leagues leading wicket taker this season David Kennett bagged the opener for just 3, Johnathon Trott scored 11 before becoming Kennett's second victim, while Kevin Pietersen joined Strauss and the pair saw their side to the lunch break two down. The middle session of day one was disasterous for England as they lost 81/6, the wickets were spread around evenly with Sean Fuller taking his first test wicket, that of Ian Bell, while No England batsman other than Strauss and Pietersen went past 20. Stuart Broad and Ryan Sidebottom contributed a few runs late but could only see England through to 192 all out. David Kennett took the final wicket to finish with the fantastic figures of 4/36.

Cricketweb XI's reply was exactly what you'd expect from a team full of confidence. Nearly everyone got among the runs starting with vice captain Dan Smith who made 62 at the top of the order. Andrew Cloete looked good in scoring 48 while debutaunt Robert Cribb fell one run short of a half century in his first innings. Most of the England bowlers struggled for consistency in the tough bowling conditions and with only four front line bowlers Paul Collingwood was called on to do more work than he would have liked. Rob Bowen came in and smashed a quickfire 34 and looked right at home in test cricket. Hakon Mork soon joined Mike Wilson at the crease with both batting in unfamiliar positions, the selectors were justified in their choices though as Mork returned to form batting at 7 and made a solid 95 while Mike Wilson who slid evenb further down to number 8 banged his second test century and fell for an even 100. Cricketweb XI were all out for 552 with Graham Onions taking 4 wickets.

England were pretty much gone from the game at this stage and salvaging a draw was their only hope, the top order all went in with pretty negative approaches and most paid the price of their wicket. All the bowlers thrived on lack of positivity from the English batsman and plenty of aggressive fields and bowling was the result. Ian Bell did however stand tall as the plucky number 6 withstood some excellent bowling in particular from Neil Pickup to post a well deserved hundred, Graeme Swann also looked the goods down the order and his unbeaten 80 ensured that they wouldnt be faced with the indignity of an innings defeat. Pick of the bowlers was again David Kennett who finished with 7 for the match as England were bowled out for a much improved 420, but still nowhere near enough to make a game of it.

The 61 runs required for Cricketweb XI made this game a foregone conclusion, with excellent weather around and plenty of time left it was just a matter of how difficult the English bowlers could make it, although England did lose the game they did take the scalp of Dan Smith with them as the opener threw away a chance of a not out when he was dismissed 6 short of the total. Needing one run to win veteran batsman Andrew Cloete blasted a boundary as the home team celebrated another excellent test victory. CW XI 64/1.

England 192 1st Innings
AJ Strauss 41, KP Pietersen 32, DM Kennett 4/36

Cricketweb XI 552 1st Innings
MW Wilson 100, H Mork 95, CR Butler 92, G Onions 4/115

England 420 2nd Innings
IR Bell 101, GP Swann 80*, MJ Prior 68, DM Kennett 3/81

Cricketweb XI 64/1 2nd Innings
DP Smith, SE Fuller 28*, RJ Sidebottom 1/18

Cricketweb XI won by 9 wickets
Man of the Match: DM Kennett (CWXI)