• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So home season is over for us now.

We are touring NZ next then Sri Lanka and India.

A lot to take from these home series and looking forward to performing in away matches.
Shame you haven't got another home series quickly to build on this. Could give SL a very tough series if they produce pitches that turn from the off.

Kirkut

International Regular
I liked Mehedi's attitude in this game, even when England looked like winning this game after the first session, there was no passivity or negativity in his game.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
No shame in losing. Bangladesh had to win at some point. TBF they were probably the better team in the ODIs and they had the more skilled players for the conditions for the tests. Coming out of the tour with an odi series win and a test draw is not a bad result imo.

Some people will make it out to be some terrible display and low point in English cricket but it really isn't.

England weren't terrible. They've got issues with their team that need addressing- but so does every team. You can't just magic up quality players. If you don't have a spinner you can rely upon you're going to struggle in these conditions. Still plenty of issues with the batting - the same as at the start of the tour. Not having Anderson and Wood hurts as well.

Once Bangladesh start winning they'll be fine at home. Till this point they've had an inferiority complex.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would happily include Miraz in the tier below Ash if he was from any other country except Ban, Pak, Eng, SL. Damn, I hate a lot of sides, way more than I thought.

Kirkut

International Regular
Well done Bangladesh. Looked forlorn for a time but that's a powerful counter-punch.

**** it would be funny if England beat India now.
Not really, underestimate England at your own risk, these guys really work hard on their mistakes. They beat us 2-1 in 2012 after Ajmal ran through them and also beat us 3-1 in 2014 after Sri Lanka won 1-0 against them.

Last edited:

listento_me

U19 Captain
Bangladesh have a lot to build on and as I've said before, they're always a handful at home...but I expected them to be better in the ODIs and worse in the tests. It was the other way round this time out. Maybe that says something about how good the Eng ODI set up is these days.

Thing is, it's time for England to make some tough calls out there.

Is Ballance good enough to be in the Eng squad, let alone the test team? I personally do not think he is. Ali needs to be given an extended run in the middle order and used as a part time offy, rather than a front line spinner. Having said that, he is, once again, one of England's top 2 wicket takers in a series. Question is, who will be the full time spinner?? Rashid is an ODI presence but he just hasn't come along as well in tests and I can't see him holding his place. Ansari seems like a bit of a dare. Like someone in the selection panel just dared the rest to make the clumsiest pick they could. Is it time for Leach? Maybe yet another come back for Batty?

Then there's the batting dilemma. Duckett can be fluid but is entirely inexperienced. Plus, as usual, most of the batsmen look like they are playing with concrete feet against the spinners. Then again, are there better alternatives in the domestic scene for a long tour of Asia?