• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

ajdude

International Coach
Ajantha Mendis had a similar impact, but he did it for three Tests rather than two and against India rather than England, so extra points there.

He was in his early twenties though.
was thinking Mendis but couldn't remember if he debuted in that series or before. also he had murali alongside him

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
There was some serious getting ahead of yourself in this thread. Such a collapse pitch, not to mention collapse teams.

Disappointed with Root more than anything, he's just too important for this kind of situation, we can't chase a score without contribution from him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was going to post 'collapse incoming' when Root got out but got distracted by breakfast (crunchy nut cornflakes, if anyone's wondering.)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajantha Mendis had a similar impact, but he did it for three Tests rather than two and against India rather than England, so extra points there.

He was in his early twenties though.
Mendis was so effective in ODIs for quite a while as well, but he had his unique style that people just didn't know how to play going for him. This kid is doing it as just a regulation off-spinner which makes it even more impressive IMO, even if the wickets are very spin-friendly.

Also great to see Bangladesh being a genuine threat in Tests, even if only at home. Though you could pretty much say the same about anyone except South Africa.

vcs

The amount of ads on this GTV stream is seriously the worst
At least you aren't being sold ManForce Condoms after every over with your Dad (who finds it a bit difficult to read fine print) sitting next to you and asking "What's that they're advertising?" whlie you're umming and trying to change the subject...

flibbertyjibber

On a serious note I guess 127-5 would have been a score we would have taken at the start given how the batting has been this series. Just went about it in arse about face kind of way.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
When I woke up today it was a sad start to the day for me as I saw 101-1 on the scoreboard. Since then, it's been so good. :D

England tail can win it even from here, mind.