• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

ImpatientLime

International Regular
are england in the middle of a banter era?

- no middle order
- no second opener
- ALL OF THE ALL ROUNDERS
- look good on paper but go life and death with everyone they play
- ballance

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've always found "it's never easy down the leg side" fascinating. for spinners, yep totally agree, but i'm not sure it's the case with seamers
Yeah it's stupid. The only ones that are actually tough down the leg side are those inside edges which miss the stumps. Otherwise, they should be taken, since the edge is always going with the angle and in the direction of the keeper's step anyway.

cnerd123

likes this
Man how good is Test cricket

How good is it that we're actually watching a close and compelling match featuring BD that is actually of a pretty high standard.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder if the new ball will come into play. If BD needs 30 odd tomorrow with say three wickets in hand, a new ball spell by a fresh Broad in the morning may be enough to finish them off. OTOH it could go for a few runs if the batsmen ride their luck.
I sincerely hope not - I don't think poor ***** and AZH could take it

Zinzan

This is Test cricket. Mouthwatering finish. If England are paying over 2s, that's decent value.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah it's stupid. The only ones that are actually tough down the leg side are those inside edges which miss the stumps. Otherwise, they should be taken, since the edge is always going with the angle and in the direction of the keeper's step anyway.
Nah you are both wrong

You can't see deliveries that go down leg. You basically lose the ball as the batsman covers it, and then suddenly it bursts out from behind him and you're forced to move quickly if you wanna pick it up

Stapel

International Regular
Not so sure. Apart from the keeper having to step further away from his original spot, the more important issue is that he has no choice but to lose sight of the ball for a moment.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If there are 15 runs remaining at the end of today, then will the umpires carry on assuming light permits?

Daemon

I've always found "it's never easy down the leg side" fascinating. for spinners, yep totally agree, but i'm not sure it's the case with seamers
You boys ever take the gloves before? They are definitely harder.

OverratedSanity

Nah you are both wrong

You can't see deliveries that go down leg. You basically lose the ball as the batsman covers it, and then suddenly it bursts out from behind him and you're forced to move quickly if you wanna pick it up
Not so sure. Apart from the keeper having to step further away from his original spot, the more important issue is that he has no choice but to lose sight of the ball for a moment.
Nah, you have tons of time when it's a seamer. It's ridiculously tough vs spin but there's more than enough time vs pace.

Also, once the keeper sees the ball going down leg, he naturally takes a step down leg anyway. It's why leading edges are harder.

cnerd123

likes this
You shouldn't write poetry for a living. Ever.
There once was this poster called Shri
Whose breath smelt of a drug addicts pee
He would post **** online
And act like all was fine
But every night he would cry himself back to sleep