• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
So pitch or bowling or England or what?
As is usually the case, a fair bit of all of them.

No question the Bangladesh spinners have bowled some cracking stuff, with considerable assistance from a pitch that has led to them ignoring their seamers. But you feel experienced players with a lot more previous runs in Asia could have dealt with it better, considering the presence of our old friend, the **** sweep shot.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Both the English posters and the non-English ones are desperately Gambhiring here. :laugh:
Nah not me. I'm not concerned about this position yet (probably should be but I'm not) Our middle/lower order are building their careers on getting us to reasonable scores from **** like this........200 lead is the aim but honestly I can still see us getting more, even from here.

Bangladesh are going to have to bat well in the 4th to win this, and if they do then fair play to them.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When you think back to Stokes the player from the UAE series v Pakistan who was basically a passenger for large parts and the player on this tour then you have to say well done to him on learning so quickly with bat and ball in both forms of the game. Becoming a seriously good player now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
When you think back to Stokes the player from the UAE series v Pakistan who was basically a passenger for large parts and the player on this tour then you have to say well done to him on learning so quickly with bat and ball in both forms of the game. Becoming a seriously good player now.
This is true, and despite his performance on that tour we used him on the podcast as one of the most improved players of 2015, giving you some kind of clue as to what he was like a year earlier.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly watched what India are doing to sides and realised it worth a go. Play to your strengths and all that.
I wonder what sort of pitches we'll see if Bangladesh do win this one. There may be a temptation to produce the slow & dull tracks where neither side will be able to force a win.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thing is, until Mahedi turned up on this track I didn't think of spin bowling as a particular strength of Bangladesh. Obviously Shakib's a good bowler and Tijul can do a job, but it's tking advantage of the wicket that's made them particularly threatening.

Under neutral circumstances and with Taskin and Mustafizur fit I'd have said that Bangladesh have better seamers than spinners, going in.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder what sort of pitches we'll see if Bangladesh do win this one. There may be a temptation to produce the slow & dull tracks where neither side will be able to force a win.
I don't think it's as deliberate as that really. They were talking before the game about how this pitch was expected to take more turn as it'd been unusually hot and dry for this time of year.