• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what sort of pitches we'll see if Bangladesh do win this one. There may be a temptation to produce the slow & dull tracks where neither side will be able to force a win.
Should go all in, do the same, drop the two seamers if they only have these two guys available and bring two extra batsmen in.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Superb session for England. When you consider the first session was 55-8 to score 80-2 in that one was massive and could be what decides the game.

DriveClub

International Regular
BD still have hope if they can bowl out england within the next 50 runs and chase 200 because reverse swing won't be prominent for the first 50 overs when they're batting by the time ball starts to reverse they could've got close to the target. But this is all useless because england are going to set 250+

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
When you think back to Stokes the player from the UAE series v Pakistan who was basically a passenger for large parts and the player on this tour then you have to say well done to him on learning so quickly with bat and ball in both forms of the game. Becoming a seriously good player now.
Imo Stokes actually shaped up pretty well on that tour and showed decent signs of progress. His stats are terrible but they are distorted because of the situation. 1 innings in an 11 over chase, 2 innings batting at 11 with a bust shoulder. Second test he was out twice to pace also. He also bowled some useful spells with the ball on flat wickets without much reward. He seemed to have found a method with the bat to score useful runs, without ever looking like he was going to be an amazing player of spin.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This partnership has probably got us up to the absolute minimum lead, but we've not seen any evidence (apart from one over from Moeen before lunch) that England's spinners are going to get as much out of this pitch as Bangladesh's. There are a lot more chaseable scores here than people are making out, I think.

Be hard work to chase more than 200 but that isn't the same as impossible. I reckon a 280 lead would be needed to make England safe.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Imo Stokes actually shaped up pretty well on that tour and showed decent signs of progress. His stats are terrible but they are distorted because of the situation. 1 innings in an 11 over chase, 2 innings batting at 11 with a bust shoulder. Second test he was out twice to pace also. He also bowled some useful spells with the ball on flat wickets without much reward. He seemed to have found a method with the bat to score useful runs, without ever looking like he was going to be an amazing player of spin.
He also had that one sick run out in the field which got him fully into the Makes Things Happen category for hack commentators

Howe_zat

Audio File
Arghhhhh we missed a huge chance building something in the first innings. This is now over.
I think the most annoying thing about gambhiring like this is that it implies we're all dumb ****s wasting our time being gripped by a crucial part of a test match. It's not 'over', come on. Don't insult me.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
This partnership has probably got us up to the absolute minimum lead, but we've not seen any evidence (apart from one over from Moeen before lunch) that England's spinners are going to get as much out of this pitch as Bangladesh's. There are a lot more chaseable scores here than people are making out, I think.

Be hard work to chase more than 200 but that isn't the same as impossible. I reckon a 280 lead would be needed to make England safe.
BD's 4th innings record is very poor. I dont expect them to chase anything over 180.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could the Bairstow/Stokes partnership for the next decade be the only good thing gingers ever give to the world?