• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England 'A' in CWLand

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Red v England A
at CW Oval

Nick Borcich wrote his name into the rapidly growing ranks of boundary-thumping CW number sevens, with a brutal 66 for Red v England A at the CW Oval. It helped turn a game that the tourists had wrested control over after a slow, but good start from Mamesh, Dobson and Feeney. Rikki Clarke claimed a brace of wickets, however, and slow scoring from Feeney and Mørk threatened the run rate - however, Borcich's 66 helped his team past 250, and the tourists' fielding let past way too many boundaries in the last overs.

The Reds' bowling effort effort looked promising, with the nippy seamers of David Kennett and Nick Borcich claiming early wickets, but the failure to get out Clarke turned fatal. Once again the Surrey all-rounder came up trumps, sticking around to make another match-winning knock - but this time in more quiet fashion, with his 109 not out coming off 111 balls. With Alex Wharf as supporting cast, the two put on 53 for the eighth wicket, and stole the Red celebratory party by reaching the target in the final over.

Cricket Web Red 259 for 5 (50 overs)
England A 263 for 7 (49.3 overs)
England A won by three wickets
Man of the Match: Rikki Clarke

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web A v England A: Match Two

JE Stedman
NG Scott
AJ Blackman
*DP Towns
+A Crampton
SA Bennett
BL Wilshere
HG Warwick
DJ Watt
AA Cameron
JP McNamara

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ugh, horribly slow batting from myself. A very disappointing loss, although at least a few positive signs, Stedman in particular with the batting with nice work by Crampton, and some fantastic bowling by Jack.

EDIT: Wow, that's crazy, I come in the next day to find this post waaay behind all the others I saw at the time. I must have been a little too tired on the night to realise there were more pages. :p

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scorecard
Commentary

Cricket Web A v England A
at CW Oval

A nightmare for the bowlers at the CW Oval, but the hosts prevailed to level the series and ensure continued excitement till the very end of the tour. Although the tourists got wickets at regular intervals, they could never control James Stedman, and that turned crucial as the Red opener went into overdrive in the final overs. When he eventually hoiked down to square leg where a diving Gareth Batty held a splendid catch, Stedman had totalled 147, and with a slow innings of 51 from Ben Wilshere - coming off a mammoth 23 deliveries - the hosts totalled a massive 334 for 6.

However, as countless ODIs in the subcontinent have shown, no total is defendable. The Cricket Web bowling was largely disappointing, but the opening pairing of Cook and Solanki failed to find the required gaps, and Stedman shone once again - at fourth change, he took enough pace off the ball to stop the English batsmen from finding the boundary, and he ended with a credible 22 from five overs. Notable was also another reasonably tight spell from McNamara, with one for 47, though the other bowlers were punished by bowling in the late overs, when Ed Joyce lashed out for an unbeaten 62. However, it was not quite enough, and the Webheads made it through by 21 runs.

Cricket Web A 334 for 6 (50 overs)
England A 313 for 4 (50 overs)
Cricket Web A won by 21 runs
Man of the Match: James Stedman

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Liam,

Big ask but could you please email me (kears_falcon_9_89@hotmail.com) my stats for all forms of CWXI. I've fallen behind in keeping track lately and have no idea which games ive missed.

Cheers
David

Loony BoB

International Captain
Fantastic result, although a bit of a shame that our bowlers struggled to get a hold on the poms - good on steds for cutting Cook short, though. ;) As for Stedman... just amazing. Great lower order hitting from Wilshire, too. Pleased with that!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Awesome work by the Stedman. Pretty happy to have been economical in such circumstances, but I think that has more to do with the stages that I've been bowling, rather than the quality of bowling ;) Thanks captain :D

bryce

International Regular
Good stuff boys a wins a win hopefully Green can do the same and I can try and put my name forward for the 3rd 'A' OD game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
kears_falcon_9 said:
Liam,

Big ask but could you please email me (kears_falcon_9_89@hotmail.com) my stats for all forms of CWXI. I've fallen behind in keeping track lately and have no idea which games ive missed.

Cheers
David
I'll look into this next week, when I have more time to look into things.