• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
You did miss it, I called on everyone to hail Blessing Muzarabani. Also, Zimbabwe are not an emerging nation. They are a nation with a long and proud history in cricket :)
Yes. I just posted it here since there is no separate thread.

cnerd123

likes this
UAE are really peaking as a team now. Beat Oman 2-0 in Oman in a 3 match ODI series, and now top of the table in this Quadrangular T20I series featuring Ireland and Nepal. Beat Ireland by 13 runs and Nepal by 25 runs.

164/8 batting first vs Oman now. Left-arm spinner Amir Kaleem with a cheeky 5 fer bowling his 4 overs straight in the death, not bad for a 40 year old making a comeback after knee surgery.

cnerd123

likes this
chaotic end to this UAE/Oman T20I. This is a great little rivalry between two top tier associate neighbors.

Whole series live streamed on YouTube btw. Pretty decent coverage.

cnerd123

likes this
Ireland in big trouble here against Nepal
Would be the first time Nepal ever beat Ireland in a T20I if they get over the line here.

De-facto semi final here, winner ends up playing UAE in the final I think. Nepal need a big win tho given their poor NRR.

2nd wicket for Ireland, so they're staying in this. Wish the coverage had stump mics, or a way to get the sound of bat on ball onto the broadcast. But camerawork and commentary has been good.
EDIT: nvm, seems audio is working now haha. Good stuff.

cnerd123

likes this
lol Nepal

Have never beaten a full-member in a T20I. the wait continues.

No finals apparently, that is it for this tournament. Disappointing.

cnerd123

likes this
T20 World Cup Qualifiers start today. Group A in action - Oman vs Nepal and Canada vs Philippines start in 30 mins, with UAE vs Ireland and Bahrain vs Germany later today.

Only the top 2 teams make it to the next round, which makes today's Oman vs Nepal and UAE vs Ireland games super important. On current form you suspect UAE would make it through the group, leaving Ireland and Oman competing for the last spot. Games are in Oman so they have home turf advantage (though that is increasingly becoming less relevant given how much all associates play there these days), and Nepal are in poor form, so I think they have a better shot at the Top 2. Ireland aren't great at T20, let's see if they can raise their game.

All games live on icc.tv