• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Thailand Women getting utterly screwed by the abandonment of the Women's ODI World Cup Qualifiers

They were top of the points table, but since they aren't a full member, all their games didn't count as ODIs. The Qualifiers were abandoned, so Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies and Ireland all go through directly by virtue of being ranked ODI teams.

Complete nonsense. Japan U19s got screwed over in a similar fashion earlier this year. ICC doing it's best to keep the smaller nations out of the marquee events.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Thailand Women getting utterly screwed by the abandonment of the Women's ODI World Cup Qualifiers

They were top of the points table, but since they aren't a full member, all their games didn't count as ODIs. The Qualifiers were abandoned, so Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies and Ireland all go through directly by virtue of being ranked ODI teams.

Complete nonsense. Japan U19s got screwed over in a similar fashion earlier this year. ICC doing it's best to keep the smaller nations out of the marquee events.
These were counted as ODIs until halfway through the tournament when the ICC changed its mind. You couldn't make it up.

Niall

International Coach
Great win for USA especially as players out, but Ireland are in a very bad place these days.

The batting in last few overs especially horrific.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That sort of thing is exactly why the USA are easily my least favourite assosciate nation, chequebook cricket at its absolute worst

Only player of theirs I like is Hutchy, and he's practically an octogenarian by now anyway

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Cricket hipsters don't care about the current USA team, it's all about Bart King, George Patterson and the Philadelphians.

Funny thing is they also paid players from other countries to move to the US and play for them. Their best batsman was English - John Lester.

1640215608925.jpeg

cnerd123

likes this
Yea good win for USA that. Ireland's bench strength needs work, so in a sense series like these are very useful. Might cost them some T20I ranking points, but in the long run they need more games against strong opposition.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
IMG-20220119-WA0033.jpgAnd we have an election day with roughly 20 of Kenya's 47 counties expected to participate through their registered 'associations'

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghanistan vs Netherlands starting today. Should be a one-sided contest in favor of Afghans but hoping for a fight from Netherlands, especially since Afghans are debuting a lot of people in this series.

Rashid Khan and Mujeeb should be too hot to handle for the Dutch IMO.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It is great to see Zimbabwe win one over Srilanka in the ODI series. Surprising that there has been no post, let alone thread here on it. Not sure if I am missing it.

Today is the final match and if Zimbabwe win again, it will be a huge fillip for them. Rooting for them today.

Chubb

International Regular
It is great to see Zimbabwe win one over Srilanka in the ODI series. Surprising that there has been no post, let alone thread here on it. Not sure if I am missing it.

Today is the final match and if Zimbabwe win again, it will be a huge fillip for them. Rooting for them today.
You did miss it, I called on everyone to hail Blessing Muzarabani. Also, Zimbabwe are not an emerging nation. They are a nation with a long and proud history in cricket :)