• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - Australia v Pakistan (30th Sept)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif is bowling absolutely terribly. No rhythm, most balls in the high 120s and he's scattering them all over the place.

_Ed_

Shows how little I follow these sort of ODI tourneys, but can someone possibly tell me how the **** Md. Asif is eligible to play for Pakistan anytime before about 2012?
Beats me.

But if NZ faces Pakistan in the semis and he bowls 10 overs of these pies I won't be complaining.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I was going to ask whether Pakistan are REALLY so keen to see India eliminated from the tournament that they'd throw a match to ensure it occurs. 205/6 with Brett Lee going for only 30 off his ten overs is a strange one - especially as the pitch doesn't seem to be creating any difficulties for Watto atm...

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Interested to see how Australia approach the Pakistan spinners. Remains a massive weakness is our inability to milk runs off the spinners, Ajmal tormented us in the UAE.

Ripping start from the openers. Super impressed by Paine, few outside of Australia would have heard of Paine before the ODI's in England. The only glaring weakness exposed thus far is that he does play the odd rash shot, a weakness that can be ironed out.

_Ed_

Who's this commentator? "England were really unfortunate to lose the toss against NZ on an unsatisfactory pitch." Wow.

Burgey

Interested to see how Australia approach the Pakistan spinners. Remains a massive weakness is our inability to milk runs off the spinners, Ajmal tormented us in the UAE.

Ripping start from the openers. Super impressed by Paine, few outside of Australia would have heard of Paine before the ODI's in England. The only glaring weakness exposed thus far is that he does play the odd rash shot, a weakness that can be ironed out.
Won't matter if they bowl 2 full bungers an over mate......

Briony

International Debutant
Who's this commentator? "England were really unfortunate to lose the toss against NZ on an unsatisfactory pitch." Wow.
But conversely they were lucky to win the other two tosses which gave them the best of the conditions.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Incredible that Asif is only playing his 32nd ODI.

Cannot think of another cricketer who in the span of 32 ODI's can create so much controversy, and yet still provide a glimmer of hope in being the future of star pace bowling (not on todays showing).

100000000000000000000000000000% agreed
shameful & shameless
i guess they will lose semi finals too
In the past,Pakistan also has had "Ghadaars" who would try their best to lose matches against India especially in major tournaments by doing things from faking injuries few minutes from the start of match to conspiring with some other players(some of them have also been accused of match fixing inICL recently) to lose the match to teach the captain a lesson because of their personal conflicts) .Pakistan has last 3 matches in major ICC tournaments because of such a player.I don't need to mention the name of the player,Do I?

pup11

International Coach
I was going to ask whether Pakistan are REALLY so keen to see India eliminated from the tournament that they'd throw a match to ensure it occurs. 205/6 with Brett Lee going for only 30 off his ten overs is a strange one - especially as the pitch doesn't seem to be creating any difficulties for Watto atm...
Nah, this wicket is the easiest to bat on when the ball is new, but once it gets softer and pace is taken off the ball, it becomes pretty hard to time your shots on this deck, it was pretty much the case with the Pakistan innings and Aussie innings also seems to be following a similar pattern.

Uppercut

Nah, they are just scared of playing England IMO

They are a bit like, dare I say it, England. Can be very good but usually aren't.
Haha, the net result is the same, but England's ODI side is a team of mediocre players who occasionally excel themselves, whereas Pakistan's is a team of pretty good players who regularly underperform.

pup11

International Coach
Seeing the way Afridi is bowling, he should definitely be playing ahead of Kaneria in the test series in Australia, its really awesome how much he has improved as a spinner over the last 18 months.