• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW Grade Cricket discussion and results thread

cricketboy29

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Who prepared that pitch? They're fired. Teams shouldn't make three figures never mind three hundred...
:lol: some high expectations there neil :p, genuine quality sometimes shines through, great win there guys. We really kicking it, pleased with my 2 wicket contribution. And, sadly, methinks, hakon's going to have fire another reporter:p

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
:lol: some high expectations there neil :p, genuine quality sometimes shines through, great win there guys. We really kicking it, pleased with my 2 wicket contribution. And, sadly, methinks, hakon's going to have fire another reporter:p
Gah. I got too obsessed with getting your brother's name right that I forgot you were the bowler. :p

It all evens out in the end...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
gee i forgot all about this, but looking through the thread it seems the panthers are doing pretty well & some of my performances have been pretty good, GO PANTHERS :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
One-day Grade Final

Code:
Greater Robbham de Grooters	Gofftown Tigers
GKK Dobson			RGEWS Cribb
EE Lucas			+S Jasotharan
RJ Dauth			*BJ Goff
+AP Chaulk			RJ Malone
Sukhvinder Singh		D Deeps
Z Ghansar			JB Malthus-Howell
*MJ Robbins			JA Courtis
PR Sajith			Jamaluddin Hossain
JA Finnegan			D Muhaffy
CD McKern			GM Thomas
MT Mitchell			NJ Masterman
Despite de Grooters keeping the run rate down in this one-day final, Cribb and Malone hit half-centuries as the Tigers batted to a total of 234 for 5 on a placid pitch, Callum McKern digging out two wickets in the late overs to end with two for 50, Mat Mitchell grabbing the scalp of Brendon Goff but conceding 33 from six overs, and Marc Robbins keeping things tidy with his medium-pace dobbers. By contrast, Dobson hoiked at everything, hitting 13 not out in the first two overs before calming down when Thomas dismissed Lucas lbw. He eventually nicked to Masterman for 31, but Dauth and Chaulk kept things going with a fine 47-run stand before Malone had Dauth caught behind off the top edge for 33. A beautiful throw from the Tigers' skipper then had Sukhvinder run out for 6, and Thomas returned to bowl Chaulk with a yorker, leaving de Grooters at 139 for 5, with 96 to get in 24 overs. With experienced batsmen Ghansar and Robbins at the crease, it looked an easy task - but Thomas got his third wicket, congratulated by a jubilant team as Robbins sliced a drive to backward point Courtis for 2. The new batsman, Sajith, did not waste any time however, thumping Muhaffy for a straight six with his 16th ball, and another off Masterman to cut the target to 44. Then followed a couple of quiet overs, before Ghansar hooked - to square leg, where Masterman dived in magnificently to hold the catch off leg-spinner Cribb. 37 for three wickets in 12.3 overs, and Finnegan hit a four with the last ball of the over to cut it to 33. However, despite Greg Thomas returning to take his fourth wicket (Finnegan bowled for 15), the other bowlers were unable to dismiss anyone, and Callum McKern hit the winning runs with five overs to spare, as the Grooters won the title by two wickets.

Tigers 234-5 (50 ovs)
de Grooters 236-8 (45 ovs)

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeahh!! Go the de Grooters! :D Marc was economical with the ball, and Sajith just brought us thundering home at the end. It's been good, though I'm gutted we're not in the 5D final.. :(

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played De Grooters :D
Despite my completely un-economical bowling - still managed to win :happy:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Darters v Seahawks

3-day final at the Heathridge Oval

Code:
[b]Davistow Darters	Edfield Seahawks[/b]
Dawlat Ameer		+H Mørk
RA Langley		ND Barnaby
+M Gaukroger		P Bharat
DA Kearsley		DP Towns
CA Naik			G Nayak
HG Warwick		DK Rai
DJ Comley		DP Tucker
NS Hoy			GN Nayak
DJ Watt			JE Sanders
DM Kennett		NA Borcich
NL Patrick		RS Whitehead
A low-scoring match at the pace-bowlers' paradise saw Davistow Darters run off with the CW Grade trophy, led by their newly acquired all-rounder Harry Warwick and wild slogs from the Edfield top order. It was Edfield who bowled first, and they made good use of the pitch - Nick Borcich took two wickets in three balls, as the Darters crashed to five for 2, and Sanders and Nayak kept the pressure up. Three reprieves prevented the Darters to be bowled out before tea, as the Darters crashed to 64 for 8 and the clouds built up.

However, Harry Warwick resisted, and a rare boundary from David Kennett took the Darters past 70. When Warwick finally edged Gaurav Nayak onto the stumps, he had made 23, while Kennett failed to capitalise on a dropped catch - he ended on 8, while Nath Patrick hit 10 as the Darters were bowled out for 93. Gaurav Nayak took four for 17, Eddie Sanders three for 14 and Nick Borcich two for 25.

Edfield didn't want to be worse, however. After Mørk and Barnaby had hung in for 18 minutes, Barnaby drove to Dawlat for 1, Bharat was magnificently caught behind off a streaky shot for a golden, and Mørk managed to be plumb to an over-the-wicket delivery from Watt - before Gary Nayak suffered the same fate, leaving the Seahawks at 9 for 4. Watt dug out two more after tea, and Patrick one, as the Seahawks had lost their first seven wickets for 16 - in 10.2 overs. Sanders and Tucker added 33, and Whitehead hung about with Sanders, before he was out for 84.

When the Seahawks fielded, they did so appallingly. Seven chances were spilled - most of them relatively easy ones - as Dawlat hit 37, Warwick made it into double figures, and the Darters made it to 106 for 4 and a lead of 118. On the second morning, Warwick got two more reprieves before he was caught by Rai on 36, Watt thumped 13, and Kennett ground out a single to point after actually hitting a ball - and despite Borcich's impressive spell of 5-37, the Darters had made 159.

Under ominous skies, Mørk gave a return chance to Watt early on, but Watt honestly said that he did not catch the low ball. It could have been crucial - Mørk went on to make 20 in an opening stand of 40 - but Bharat failed, making only 2, and the fellow opener Barnaby was dismissed at the stroke of tea to leave the Seahawks at 60 for 3, requiring 111 for victory. In dark conditions, only Towns passed 20, as the Seahawks' highest partnership was 22 - off 19 balls, including five fours before Gaurav Nayak outside edged for a five-ball 13. Then Towns was dismissed, leaving them at 100 for 8, and though Sanders hit 10, it was never enough as Warwick got his second wicket and ran out Sanders to leave the Seahawks all out for 119.

Darters 96 & 159 beat
Seahawks 84 & 119 by 49 runs

A statistics file is attached with all the stats for CW players in three-day cricket. One-day stats may come later if I'm sufficiently bored.

Attachments

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grooters should have won :p

I'm the top wicket taker for Grooters in 3 day cricket - happy with that :happy:

batting stats were oh so realistic 8-)