• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW Grade Cricket discussion and results thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
6 off 136 balls......and one four!?!??!?! Jeez, hopefully that boundary came late in the innings!! :blink:
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was off the 26th ball. Following 8 consecutive maidens.

You faced for 9 leg-byes, though.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but it was off the 26th ball. Following 8 consecutive maidens.

You faced for 9 leg-byes, though.
Well, it was a wild swing then, wasn't it? :p

Umpire signalled wrongly for those leg byes....I got some bat on them! :D I was robbed!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:

Umpire signalled wrongly for those leg byes....I got some bat on them! :D I was robbed!
Right. And the keepers XI had twenty-eight lbws against the all-rounders.

cricketboy29

International Regular
SquidAU said:

Hahaha, you go for it squid, go get your runs :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
One-day Grade - Final Round

Group A

Code:
Campsfield Braves	Garven Island Sharks
RC Langdon		NBTK Hanbury
Jahangir Masood		Tariq Ali
MW Wilson		Shaukhat Shahzad
J Toogood		+MH Monaghan
DR Hasabnis		APA Gregory
EL Heath		DG Piper
KR Kode			*XPA Rose
RJ McEwan		DC Edmondson
+LJ Harvey		T Evans
*AAA Collins		SSJ Bristow
JJ Jadeja		SA Stuart
The Sharks needed a win to have any chance of qualifying, while the Braves were already knocked out. And yet, it was the seamers from the Braves who had the most success at Campsfield, with McEwan digging out five for 48 as the Sharks were bowled out for 161. Rik Heath and Mike Wilson also chipped in with two wickets each. The Braves lost wickets regularly, but not nearly regularly enough for the Sharks' liking, and a sixth-wicket partnership worth 36 saw the Braves win and both teams knocked out.

Sharks 161 (40.4 ovs) lost to
Braves 164-5 (39.2 ovs) by five wickets

Code:
Davistow Darters	Twybridge Titans
Dawlat Ameer		*RJ Twyman
RA Langley		LR Joslin
CA Naik			HWR Gunn
Ehsan Ahsan		CH Bokey
HW Wright		IS Amresh Kumar
NS Hoy			AJ Buttsworth
+M Gaukroger		VG Naidu
*DJ Watt		+LC Hale
NL Patrick		EC White
DM Kennett		RB Cotterill
Despite an array of seam bowling options, the Darters could not contain the Titans at their home ground in the bright sunshine, as Rich Twyman hit 80 and Bokey 55 to send the Titans to 230 for 6. Nathan Hoy got three wickets, while Dave Watt seems to need counselling - once again, he bowled six expensive overs, conceding 38 runs. Cotterill and White exploited the conditions much better, and the Darters were never able to build a partnership - despite a 40-ball half-century from Harry Wright, which was then ended as he was plumb to a ball from Bokey. Bokey got four for 30 in the innings to complete a stunning all-round effort, and the Darters crashed to 140 and a 90-run loss.

Titans 230-6 (50 ovs) beat
Darters 140 (26.5 ovs) by 90 runs

Titans (3-0) 6pts NRR: +1.91
Braves (1-2) 2pts NRR: -0.64
Sharks (1-2) 2pts NRR: -0.71
Darters (1-2) 2pts NRR: -0.75

Group B

Code:
Pickford Panthers	Stedingham Jets
*T Gould		HR Wallis
JAH Richings		CN Deodhar
MA Hepworth		*CR Butler
DB Jacob		RF Prabhakar Rao
DRP Chopra		LRC Chaudhari
+Adil Dewan		CL Kalmar
NC Bhattacharjee	+DA Innes
LD Rabone		DRW Gillespie
LE ****erill		Javed Shafiq
JJ McCrystal		M Bala
LD Bhadauria		AA Cameron
The Jets were bowled out in just 43.4 overs at Pickford, yet thanks to a 15-ball 27 from Prabhakar Rao, a lightning quick half-ton from wicket-keeper Innes, an uncharacteristically rapid 19 from Chris Kalmar, and 10* off 6 from Andy Cameron, their innings totalled 273 against a Panthers team without professionals in this virtual quarter-final. ****erill was thumped out of the attack, with his six overs going for 53, and although six bowlers got wickets, the economy rates were staggering. The Panthers started positively in chase of the big target, but lost three wickets for four runs - including Gould for 38, and Chris Butler then had the dangerman Hepworth caught behind for 25. Adil Dewan played a highly respectable 43, but sliced to Prabhakar Rao off a widish delivery from Deodhar, and Kalmar (2-33) and Butler (2-49) cleaned up the tail as the Panthers were bowled out for 191 in just over 32 overs. Andy Cameron was the only bowler to be wicketless.

Jets 273 (43.4 ovs) beat
Panthers 191 (32.1 ovs) by 82 runs

Jets (2-0) 4pts NRR:+1.36
Panthers (1-1) 2pts NRR:-0.80
Seahawks (0-2) 0pts

Group C

Code:
Gofftown Tigers		Nixontown Foxes
JA Courtis		JJ Josy
KI Thampi		JJ Prestwidge
BJ Goff			E Moon
D Deeps			DC Adhikari
RGEWS Cribb		RD Grierson
JB Malthus-Howell	DES Sanjeet
Mohammad Mahmood	+TW Dalton
Jamaluddin Hossain	D Hoitink
D Muhaffy		*S Bhatia
NJ Masterman		C Taylor
GM Thomas		Laeeq Hamidullah
Deeps smacked 107, Brendon Goff 83, and Cribb 54 not out, as the Tigers eased to 290 for 3 against a toothless Fox attack at Gofftown. On a flat pitch, once Hoitink's new-ball swing eased, the batsmen were in total control, and smacked runs at will - though only twenty-two boundaries were hit in the innings, as it was also a show of good running. Greg Thomas then got early wickets, but Sanjeet put on 114 with Adhikari, and went on to thump runs - although Cribb dug out his partner Dalton to leave 102 with four wickets remaining. Corey Taylor hung in there with Sanjeet, though, adding 38 for the ninth wicket, and with three overs to go the Foxes needed 29. However, a good over from Cribb stifled Sanjeet, and Thampi had him bowled with the first ball of the last over to leave the Foxes all out for 276.

Tigers 290-3 (50 ovs) beat
Foxes 276 (49.1 ovs) by 14 runs

Tigers (2-0) 4pts NRR: +0.17
de Grooters (1-1) 2pts NRR: +1.57
Foxes (0-2) 0pts

Semi-finals:

Titans v de Grooters @ Twybridge
Jets v Tigers @ Stedingham

There will now be a halt in grade cricket for two days, to allow the charity matches to catch up - the Batting XI v Bowling XI games and the CW Bar XI v Uncapped XI will now run concurrently with the semi-finals and one-day final, while the three-day final should see every player ready. Hopefully.

Attachments

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Oh Happy Days! Finally, an innings worth remembering...... :p

And 2 wickets as well.....good all round performance!

And the team is winning as well...amazing! :blink:

But if anyone needs a guy to block out for a draw, I'm yer man! :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice win there by the Jets boys to get us into the final, some good bowling there by Bulter and Kalmar to get five wickets between themselves.

Also if those charity matches are on at the same time, does that mean the players in those games can't play the grade semis?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pity `bout that Darters, we were useless. Got to look to the longer form. :)

Great match reports Hak, even if the results are a little wrong. :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
Why didn't I play? :(
You were so busy with watching the Keepers appeal that you missed the plane.

(or, I made a mistake - it's going to happen a fair few times, I'm afraid, until I make an automatic squad selector)

chaminda00 said:
Also if those charity matches are on at the same time, does that mean the players in those games can't play the grade semis?
Correct. But there's significantly fewer players involved on days six, seven and eight of charity cricket, which is why I postponed it.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hak, u have done a fantastic job with this area so far. Just wondering how come some people are playing both Chartiy and Grade cricket (they must be pretty good lol) anway i read ure post above with the auto squad selector so im guessing thats why.. cheers

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
another match going away, the keepers need my bowling, that's it really! Oh well, That first wicket woul;d be nice, I would feel like Pickup getting his ton!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Dizzy #4 said:
another match going away, the keepers need my bowling, that's it really!
Nah...I think they'd manage to find a way to lose without you, anyway