• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW Grade Cricket discussion and results thread

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Well done Jets.......bout time we got a win!

Funnily enough, it was done without me in the team! :-O

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think only the guys from the Keepers XI and the ones that aren't playing in the charity matches, got a game today.

Nice win by the Jets also :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
...while Loganathan thundered three fours in a quick 17 before offering his pads to Watt - Watt's only wicket of the match.
Cheers mate - wanna rub some salt in, while you're at it? :happy:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade cricket - 3-day - Final Round

A number of exciting games, as four teams qualified for the semis.

Group A

Tigers v Darters

Slow batting and toothless bowling, along with a pinch of rain, ensured that this game ended in a draw and that the Darters almost assured themselves of a place in the semi-finals - and, after the results arrived from other arenas, they could celebrate. A gritty first-innings stand between Gaukroger and Naik, which lasted for five hours and nearly 63 overs, lifted the Darters to 196 for 3, while Muhaffy and Masterman toiled but couldn't get wickets. The Darters, who had most of their bowling attack intact, bowled out the Tigers in 74 overs, with Dave Comley taking four for 36 with his off-spin. David Kennett also got two cheap wickets, while Mohammad Mahmood hit 93 - half the score - for the Tigers. Half-centuries from Dawlat and Langley then batted the Tigers out of the game, but 116 from Goff ensured a draw - although they would still finish third in the table.

Darters 265 & 201-3d drew with
Tigers 186 & 225-5

Jets v Panthers

The Panthers sorely missed Young and Butler, as they got their first loss of the grade competition in emphatic style. Half-centuries from Prabhakar Rao, Chaudhari and Hingston ensured that the Jets made it to 234 for 5, and despite Halsey ripping out three tail-end wickets, the Jets accumulated 290 despite 47 maiden overs. Pickup bowled 14 of them, but could only take one wicket. The Panthers then crashed to 136, Tharmi Loganathan getting the best figures after a hat-trick of McCrystal, Bhadauria and Pickup - numbers 9, 10 and 11. And once Hepworth was out in the second innings (120 for 4), the Panthers crashed again, despite 60 from Benjamin. He was run out, Loganathan took four for 26, and the Panthers suffered an innings defeat - and yet won the group.

Jets 290 beat
Panthers 136 & 146 by an innings and 8 runs

Table:

Panthers (2-1) 43 pts
Darters (1-1-1) 41 pts (13.66 per game)
Tigers (1-1-1) 30 pts
Jets (1-2) 30 pts

Group B

Sharks v Seahawks

A virtual quarter-final, with the Seahawks three points ahead before this crucial game, came down to the very last hour as the whole of Garven Island were left without nails. The Sharks missed six players, though, most of them integral parts of the batting line-up, yet put on 56 for the first wicket before Whitehead and Tucker ran through them. Rai also got late wickets, to end with three for 53, while Tucker took two for 41. The Seahawks matched the Sharks' opening stand as Herbert and Barnaby added 59, but Tim Evans and Dave Richards incited a total collapse, and the Seahawks crashed to 154, losing their last seven men for 16 runs amid rainshowers. Thus, a seven-point lead, which would give the Sharks the edge if they drew the game. The Sharks made 189 in two sessions - Rai and Tucker grabbing three each, leaving the Seahawks 232 to win in the last, long, session of the day. Gaurav Nayak hit a splendid half-century, and at three o'clock the Seahawks were 76 for 1 - with 40 overs scheduled to be bowled. A hoiked six over mid-wicket brought up the hundred stand half an hour later, and by four o'clock Nayak had reached his century - off 93 balls - with the score 161 for 1. With 57 left in the last hour, Nayak's batting partner Herbert reached 50, and the 200 partnership was brought up with seven overs to spare and 26 to hit. Piper and Richards tied down Herbert, with an outside off line, leaving nine off two overs to win - which Stuart was asked to bowl. However, a single and four byes off a failed Stuart bouncer cut the target to four, and Nayak then smacked a straight six as the Seahawks defeated time to qualify for the semis.

Sharks 196 & 189 lost to
Seahawks 154 & 236-1 by nine wickets

Table:

Seahawks (2-0) 33 pts
Sharks (0-1-1) 23 pts (11.50 per game)
Braves (0-1-1) 15 pts

Group C

Foxes v Grooters

78 from Grierson lifted the Foxes to 247 in the first innings at Nixontown, despite Mat Mitchell removing two batsmen for ducks - including Josy bowled with the second ball of the innings. De Grooters then crashed to 87 for 6, after two wickets each from Hoitink, Bhatia and Currie, but a half-century from Tebbut and 11 from Mat Mitchell helped de Grooters to 183. The Foxes, however, had got the big lead they needed - they had to get at least twenty points to qualify - and now wanted to push on to victory. However, Ghansar and Mitchell had other ideas - they jerked out the first six wickets for 68 runs, Ghansar grabbing four and Mitchell two, but once again the lower order came to the rescue. Sanjeet hit 66 as the Foxes closed day two on 160 for 9. Mitchell then wrapped up the innings as Bhatia slogged straight to point, leaving de Grooters 232 to win - and after an early drop - of Lucas on the fourth ball, when on 0 - Sajith and Lucas put on 75. Three wickets from Currie helped set them back to 103 for 4, however, but Palmer hit 47 to see de Grooters to 229 for 6. Then rain intervened, leaving the result in jeopardy - luckily for de Grooters, the players came back at six o'clock with five overs remaining and three to get. The remaining runs were knocked off, and de Grooters qualified for the semis.

Foxes 247 & 167
Grooters 183 & 232-6

Grooters (2-0) 34 pts
Titans (1-1) 23 pts (11.50 per game)
Foxes (0-1) 16 pts

Semi-finals:

Grooters v Darters @ Robbham
Panthers v Seahawks @ Pickford

Attachments

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Played Grooters :D

Match figures of 6-107 + 11 runs - happy with that :happy:

Roll on the Darters :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Home draw - suits the Panthers. We don't travel well.

Right, no one cleans the away changing rooms for a week - and a bit of re-connecting a few of the sluice pipes won't go amiss...

cricketboy29

International Regular
uh, hakon, G. Nayak is gary, i.e wrangler203, im gaurav, G.N Nayak, remember? :P, but i must say great win by the seahawks, and one hell of an innings by my brother. Great stuff. Lets go Seahawks!!!

btw, dont want to nitpick or anything, but how come i wasnt playing?

Last edited:

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
wow, an absance of players really let Gofftown down, I still suprised that Holwer was still down there!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Carn the Darters! Great to be able to play some cricket, good to be with the younger blokes and Kennett. Muhaffy owns from beyond the grave :D

Hopefully I can get some return to form in grade cricket, and not just with my bowling...

cometer

State Regular
Nicely done Darters into the semis we go. On a personal note taking 4 wickets and 2 catches in the first innings was very good, now to get some runs with the bat. Hopefully we can knock over the Grooters.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cricketboy29 said:
uh, hakon, G. Nayak is gary, i.e wrangler203, im gaurav, G.N Nayak, remember? :P, but i must say great win by the seahawks, and one hell of an innings by my brother. Great stuff. Lets go Seahawks!!!

btw, dont want to nitpick or anything, but how come i wasnt playing?
Oh dear. :huh: The reporter responsible has been sacked.

Mööse

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
6 off 136 balls......and one four!?!??!?! Jeez, hopefully that boundary came late in the innings!! :blink: