• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**OFFICIAL Cricketweb Football Premiership Discussion and Results Thread** Season 1

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very disappointing, looks like that Red Card to Pete turned the game, we were winning 1-0 and dominating and then they scored three in 30 odd minutes.

Oh well might have to look at our team aggression levels, lowering the guys own aggression doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

cometer

State Regular
Disappointing loss. We played really well but just couldn't score. What do I need to do to score?? Penalty not given, crossbar, missed a sitter and cameron came up with a point blank save. I was pleased with my involvement that game but it was all to no avail really not scoring or getting an assist. Sums up the team's performance though, we played well with virtually nothing to show.
I'm thinking similar things thats 17 or 18 shots now for myself and I think the only goal I've scored was against the Stallions. I'm pointing the blame at keepers for getting too high keeping points :p. They go up around 200 a game whereas a striker goes up 100 shooting to 150 per game and a midfielder even less then that.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Dissapointed with the teams performance, my own performance was below par as i only played 30 mins in total. :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, 3 weeks out, shocker

good win though, backs against the wall

ps. i've played with a broken wrist before irl, the cast is pretty handy for creating space in the box

DJellett

International Debutant
Damn, 3 weeks out, shocker

good win though, backs against the wall

ps. i've played with a broken wrist before irl, the cast is pretty handy for creating space in the box
Hahaha, nothing suss...completely rule abiding I'm sure...if that doesn't work, serve your dirty mo upon them!

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'm thinking similar things thats 17 or 18 shots now for myself and I think the only goal I've scored was against the Stallions. I'm pointing the blame at keepers for getting too high keeping points :p. They go up around 200 a game whereas a striker goes up 100 shooting to 150 per game and a midfielder even less then that.
I guess that's how Kennett has 50+ striking ability already ..... heehe :p

Rumour on the street is that he's on the old performance enhancers :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great performance to pull a win out there. Pretty happy with my performance this season. Been solid, if not flashy.

cricketboy29

International Regular
You can't be ****ing serious?

Code:
Match Statistics
------------------------------------------------------------
                          Central United  |    Island Swell
Attempts on Goal     :          20        |       7
Off target           :          10        |       2
On target            :          10        |       5
Possession           :          61        |       39
Corners              :           5        |       0
Red Cards            :           0        |       2
Yellow Cards         :           1        |       2
Subs Used            :           0        |       3
Fouls                :          17        |       18
Key Tackles          :           3        |       10
Key Passes           :          16        |       9
That's total domination in every aspect, yet we lose? Even against 9 men? Sheeeesh.
Tactical rethink needed maybe?

DJellett

International Debutant
Yeah, I'll take the obvious blame for the loss. My fault.
Not at all. How can you help a lack of conversion by the forwards in shots/goals?
Not too much of a tactical fault, as shown by domination every aspect, just unlucky.
Only possible change - 2 forwards, and drop me :ph34r:

How does the substitutions system work in ESMS? Coz if we had plugged a way for so long without scoring, why did we make no subs?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
How does the substitutions system work in ESMS?
There is a wide range of game/match conditions you can choose from that you can set to have a sub come on if met.

Anything from time left, shots, scoreline, yellow cards, red cards etc.

You can set a sub to come on for virtually any game scenario and for any time in the game.

It is quite comprehensive, if a little fidly to set up.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminder to all captains to get teamsheets in for next round of games...

Games will be run on Saturday.. If teams are in late then i will be using your tactics from last round(Any alterations needed will be made by me) as i will be out all day on Sunday..

DJellett

International Debutant
There is a wide range of game/match conditions you can choose from that you can set to have a sub come on if met.

Anything from time left, shots, scoreline, yellow cards, red cards etc.

You can set a sub to come on for virtually any game scenario and for any time in the game.

It is quite comprehensive, if a little fidly to set up.
Thanks for the tip mate. :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Only possible change - 2 forwards, and drop me :ph34r:

How does the substitutions system work in ESMS? Coz if we had plugged a way for so long without scoring, why did we make no subs?
We only have two forwards that are of any worth, and one of them (me) has been out injured for the last few games (I've still one more), so we've really been forced to play a single forward up front.

With the subs thing, the competition is seriously lacking depth. If you take a look at our bench, you'll see what I mean. There's little point substituting when the players coming on are of less than half the skill of the players they're coming on for.