• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A century for Daryl Mitchell - some things never change, and I dare say the selectors ignoring him will be another one

Pothas

Burns, Mitchell, Crawley top 3 it is for the ashes then ... until next week.

Nice to see Root batting a long time too in these couple of Yorkshire games.
It will be Gary Ballance obviously. Root has been batting with him for the last week.

Honestly I would probably hate it less than most.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Ballance averages 46.44 at number 3 in tests and if he continues in his current county form through the season why shouldn't he be number 3 for England?

fredfertang

Hameed has already passed his highest score for the whole of last summer - against Murtagh, Finn, Roland-Jones and Harris as well

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hameed has already passed his highest score for the whole of last summer - against Murtagh, Finn, Roland-Jones and Harris as well
Good to see TRJ back in action, even if he hasn't started brilliantly today.

In other news, Ryan Patel completed his maiden FC hundred earlier today; not a bad effort against an attack including Porter, Siddle and Harmer. Especially as I've generally regarded him as the least talented of Surrey's young batsmen.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Ballance averages 46.44 at number 3 in tests and if he continues in his current county form through the season why shouldn't he be number 3 for England?
Because his technique will get him pinned against the stumps, like last time.
Because he's been **** since he was found out and has averaged a low 20.26 in his last 15 innings.
Can we turn this into a thread please, chaps? I would love to have a discussion about our enigma, Gary Balance.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Ballance's 61 in the 2015 Ashes was honestly the most awful innings I have ever seen. When he raised his bat, I had to seriously consider whether cricket should be classified as a sport.

I don't think there's a cricketer I hate more - simply because he looked so immensely ghastly with the willow in hand that one day. Could average 100 for the rest of his life and I'd never be able to get past it.

fredfertang

Went to his century with a six as well - one thing they'll never be able to take away from me is that I was at the ground (Lord's again) when the lad hit his first six - I hope Paul Allot, after that bollocks he came out with a few weeks ago, was the first to congratulate him

Bijed

International Regular
It will be Gary Ballance obviously. Root has been batting with him for the last week.

Honestly I would probably hate it less than most.
Same tbh. Although this top-order merry go round has gone on so long, and our options are so thin, I find it hard to get too upset about any selection/hypothetical selection these days

Starfighter

I see Parnell went for 60 off ten overs last night. How is that even possible against Leicestershire?

Four scores of over 500 so far this round.

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Great fightback from Essex this morning, reaching lunch on 328-5! Captain Tendo with an unbeaten century, and on loan keeper white, 34*

Plunkett 9 overs no maidens, 0-74