• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sam Curran first two overs maidens. Can't be too often in T20 that someone bowls 2 or more maidens. Finch smashing Archer and Rashid Khan around. Combined figures of 8 overs for 79 for no wickets.

theegyptian

Worcestershire doing very well in the white ball stuff this season. Got some good young fast bowlers coming through. Pennington and Brown doing well this game. Tongue, Scrimshaw, Barnard, Finch all decent. Barnard aside all over 80mph, not sure of their exact speeds.

S.Kennedy

Is it just me or are the England players getting released more, now that Flower is director? Stokes is playing his third t20 for Durham, and will play a championship match on Sunday.

theegyptian

Livingstone playing t20 is as village as it gets. Slogs every ball with the bat, bowls non-spinning darts with the ball.

theegyptian

There are some strongish squads around for tomorrows round of championship games with no international or lions games.

Yorkshire with the tasty batting. Lyth, Bairstow, Root, Williamson, Ballance, Brook. Lancs not bad themselves with Buttler and Anderson joining the regulars. Could be a cracker of a game. Certainly worth going if you're anywhere near Manchester over the next few days.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are some strongish squads around for tomorrows round of championship games with no international or lions games.

Yorkshire with the tasty batting. Lyth, Bairstow, Root, Williamson, Ballance, Brook. Lancs not bad themselves with Buttler and Anderson joining the regulars. Could be a cracker of a game. Certainly worth going if you're anywhere near Manchester over the next few days.
Absolute joke that Sky aren't covering this Roses Match

ImpatientLime

International Regular
middlesex decline in the past two years is scandalous.

i dread to imagine what they're paying vettori for his role as coach of the t20 side

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
....... and I'd venture to suggest that Joe Root, Kane Williamson and Jonny Bairstow may well be the best hat trick in the history of the game

Bijed

International Regular
....... and I'd venture to suggest that Joe Root, Kane Williamson and Jonny Bairstow may well be the best hat trick in the history of the game
Closest I can get is when Irfan Pathan got Salman Butt, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf in the first over of a test. But I'd say that whilst, YK + MoYo > Root + KW, it doesn't quite make up for Bairstow > Butt. Maybe though. Both very good hattricks anyway.

There may well also be a better non-test FC one out there, but I'm not aware of a list to check.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Was excited to read who he was so a bit disappointed his F.C. record is of a journey man F.C. cricketer who is at best a 5th bowler

Any ways well done.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Closest I can get is when Irfan Pathan got Salman Butt, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousuf in the first over of a test. But I'd say that whilst, YK + MoYo > Root + KW, it doesn't quite make up for Bairstow > Butt. Maybe though. Both very good hattricks anyway.

There may well also be a better non-test FC one out there, but I'm not aware of a list to check.

I’d say those first 2 comparisons aren’t as clear cut as you’re suggesting.

Bijed

International Regular
I’d say those first 2 comparisons aren’t as clear cut as you’re suggesting.
Just to be clear, it's not indivudual match-ups, but the sum of each pair. Fair enough if you disagree anyway. I do rate YK very, very highly though.