• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Matt Henry 27 wickets in Div 2 at 8.63 :cool:.

Admittedly, sounds like the conditions could not have been better for his style of bowling.
37 wickets in 4 matches now. But yeah, given that Jesse Ryder used to pile on the wickets in 2nd division CC it's hard to know how much to read into this.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I've had more than enough of Matt Henry!!

One tactic they use is having Stevens' 70mph stuff at the other end. It seems to put the batsmen off, Henry and Stevens together.

theegyptian

Leach with a possible injured left hand. Hasn't taken the field for Somerset. Wonder what they do if he is out of the test. Moeen still at the IPL and no fc cricket. Crane has been injured and not played. Dawson is now injured. Bess? Virdi? 5 seamers?

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Virdi running through Yorkshire now. Got Root with a good un. Might be Leach, Bess and Virdi for Sri Lanka and West Indies next winter.
Amar is working on his batting (he was a good batsman when he was 14) and his fitness/mobility.

Hopefully Surrey have a good fitness/conditioning person on hand.

theegyptian

Pretty great stuff by Surrey. 3 massive contributions by teenagers Pope, S Curran and Virdi against Yorkshire's internationals.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Umpired Pope a couple of times in Club cricket and he's not stood out.

But what do I know.

I suspect that Scurran will not only play Test cricket but rather a lot of it.

#kissofdeath

Scurran 3 wickets in 7 balls - 10 in a match.

Fifth youngest on history to take 100 wickets for Surrey.

Surrey going through the Yorkies like a dodgy curry

Last edited:

ozryan

Cricket Spectator
wonderful to see vince show that hey ca grind out an innings and put away the cover drive - hope he get's his hundred

theegyptian

It's a shame what has happened to tom helm. When he came on the scene he had this lovely pure runup and action. Straight lines, tight to the stumps, high action, rhythmical gallop to the crease.

Now it's like a wondering ramble to the crease, followed by a slight jump out/falling away and angling the ball back in to the right hander.

He's bowling allright tbf and gets it down at reasonable pace but it just feels like he could have been something special and I don't see it anymore.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty great stuff by Surrey. 3 massive contributions by teenagers Pope, S Curran and Virdi against Yorkshire's internationals.
Yup, well pleased with this. It's the first time we've brought through some talented home grown players since Thorpe, Stewart and others in the late 1980's / early 1990's.

btw any idea what's happened to Tom Curran? Surely not in the IPL, so maybe injured?

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Yup, well pleased with this. It's the first time we've brought through some talented home grown players since Thorpe, Stewart and others in the late 1980's / early 1990's.

btw any idea what's happened to Tom Curran? Surely not in the IPL, so maybe injured?
He's in India currently

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Yorkshire's batting, internationals or otherwise, has been woeful this season.
This does sound negative (I'm a Yorkshire fan) but on the plus side it is very exciting to see young talent shining - especially a spinner at this stage of the season.

theegyptian

Not even Rossouw can get out to Byrom's very slow leg spin.

Bracey has had a good start to his county career. Reminds me a bit of Chris Rogers. Very compact. Plays the ball under the eyes. Punches the ball rather than extravagant drives

S.Kennedy

I give it about another ten minutes and it will be a certain draw, unless Colly decides to have a real reckless go at it (170 odd in effectively a twenty20?). Derbyshire have dug in well here.

Nice draw in the end. Third from bottom but many of the teams are bunched up.

Now we have the Royal London Cup stuff starting...

Last edited:

theegyptian

Not sure bowling 10 overs (including the last of the innings) in a 50 over game is what Jonathan Trott had in mind for his retirement year.

S.Kennedy

Lanky are apparently no longer ''Lightening'', and in other news Colly is having a pavilion named after him tomorrow.

theegyptian

Moores good fun to watch. Gonna b a good player. Parkinson mostly in the 46-48mph range- i worry that he needs to be 2 or 3mph quicker to be a success in international cricket - test cricket especially.

cpr

International Coach
Lanky are apparently no longer ''Lightening'', and in other news Colly is having a pavilion named after him tomorrow.
Considering we've bowled 4 different spinners (and Croft is yet to have a pop), it'd be taking the **** somewhat to have kept the name.