• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2017

stumpski

International Captain
Something very strange going on this evening ... Sky Sports showing the Derby - Durham game - seem to be about 90 minutes or so behind actual time and still on the Durham innings despite Cricinfo telling us that Derbys have already started their reply. May be due to the women's game over-running , but even so ...

stumpski

International Captain
Never mind all that - seems to be my Sky Sports/Virgin media playing up (not for the first time) ... got live action now. Derby 65-2 chasing 163.

91Jmay

International Coach
I've got no problem with it, Sussex are a young team so having a veteran captain them in a hectic format makes sense.

Bijed

International Regular
So, Adam Lyth with the 3rd highest individual T20 score. Must say I never expected this from him, but well played indeed!

invictus92

Cricket Spectator

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Scott Borthwick, who was promised many wondrous things pertaining to his spin to get him to move to Surrey, has bowled 65 overs in nine matches! Elsewhere Ashwin joins Worcs

S.Kennedy

It is the weirdest scheduling ever. I've just had this big two months where cricket has ceased to exist in July and August. Thoroughly awful.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow it hadn't really clicked just how much of a joke Glamorgan's team is.

6 South African players and an Aussie. What a complete waste of space. Bulldoze the Ashes Test stealing venue and find another county who can have their first class status.

S.Kennedy

Wow it hadn't really clicked just how much of a joke Glamorgan's team is.

6 South African players and an Aussie. What a complete waste of space. Bulldoze the Ashes Test stealing venue and find another county who can have their first class status.
Were Glamorgan in that match where they were only three Englishmen on the field - it might have been against Gloucestershire or Leicestershire or some team like that?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, about 60 runs short of a competitive total, honestly these T20 Q-F's have been great haven't they:sleep1:

stumpski

International Captain
At least Surrey are defending 204, but currently being put to the sword by Warwickshire's, I mean Birmingham's openers. Listening to 5X, we have two women on commentary for some reason. Anyone know who the posh totty is? Sounds a bit like Lucy Worsley.

stumpski

International Captain
Question 2: (also asked on FB but no reply) - anyone know why the Surrey players are wearing black armbands? Just had a scroll down the Cricinfo 'England' section - they don't seem to have one for each county anymore - and can't see that any old Surrey players have succumbed recently.

S.Kennedy

At least Surrey are defending 204, but currently being put to the sword by Warwickshire's, I mean Birmingham's openers. Listening to 5X, we have two women on commentary for some reason. Anyone know who the posh totty is? Sounds a bit like Lucy Worsley.
Alison Mitchell perhaps? It isn't Legside Lizzy is it - makes lots of mistakes? She sounds a bit rough so it is probably not her.