• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Tom Flint

International Regular
Voges confirmed for middlesex for the whole season. Perfect signing. Confident we can defend it now aslong as raynor produces somewhere near what he did last season

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There is really something distasteful going on at Bransgrove Hampshire. I'm hoping they get relegated. I'm hoping the Tykes murder them.

S.Kennedy

flashing a lot of cash.
Well we don't have any debt now. That is the one good thing to come from being relegated and denied even a chance of trying to get promoted (so it is basically an useless campaign anyhow next season), and seeing ten players go as a consequence. Not to mention making it extremely difficult to even target the one day stuff through penalties.

theegyptian

Let's be honest and say that all the counties look after their own interests. Hampshire are no different in that respect, they just have a bit more money than most at the moment. Ideally from an England perspective the Kolpak players would be spread out over the counties.

None of the teams are really thinking about England when they are going about their day to day business. It's why the ECB have to incentivise to make wickets that turn, and selecting English players.

91Jmay

International Coach
I doubt it is legal but some kind of financial penalty for Kolpak players would be ideal. Wouldn't stop the rich teams from doing it but at least raise some more income that can be fed into youth cricket.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Let's be honest and say that all the counties look after their own interests. Hampshire are no different in that respect, they just have a bit more money than most at the moment. Ideally from an England perspective the Kolpak players would be spread out over the counties.

None of the teams are really thinking about England when they are going about their day to day business. It's why the ECB have to incentivise to make wickets that turn, and selecting English players.
Yep. If I remember rightly, the ECB used to hand out incentives if a side fielded a certain number of U23 players to try and promote more youth through the systems. That was about 6 or 7 seasons ago however.

AndrewB

IIRC at one point in the early 70s Warwickshire had Deryck Murray, Lance Gibbs, Rohan Kanhai, Alvin Kallicharran and Khalid Ibadulla available at the same time
Yes, they did.

(They all played in the county championship in 1972 as well, but AFAICT Murray and Ibadulla - who only overlapped for that one season - never played together in a first-class game for Warwickshire).

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
So Durham produce Harmison,Collingwood,Plunkett,Mustard,Onions,Borthwick,Stokes,Wood,Jennings for England.

Have a team mainly made up of England or England qualified players, and have continued to bring through English talent(In the past 3-4 years especially).

England have won every single test at CLS and 6/10 completed ODI's

We then get relegated in place of Hampshire(cos we don't have deep pockets like Mr Bransgrove) This **** Bransgrove moans and moans and moans about Durham.

Yet he then goes and splashes more cash on foreign players. Also nicks Asher Hart from us as he's getting paid 5 times what we could afford.

Hampshire could field a side where only 3 of their side could/would even be considered for an England call up. Of which Vince shouldn't play again in the test arena.

Adams
Smith(Ex Durham)
Vince
Roussow
Bailey
Ervine
Dawson
McManus

Berg
Abbott
Edwards

So just the 5 ex/current foreign international cricketers and Berg who's also a foreigner in the XI. Really helping the english game there ECB well done chaps.

Why weren't Kent promoted instead of these clowns a side with some young english talent. Bell Drummond, Northeast,Billings,Cowdrey. At least Denly/Tredwell are former england internationals too. I know Coles is hampshire originally but him too.

Last edited:

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
So Durham produce Harmison,Collingwood,Plunkett,Mustard,Onions,Borthwick,Stokes,Wood,Jennings for England.

Have a team mainly made up of England or England qualified players, and have continued to bring through English talent(In the past 3-4 years especially).

England have won every single test at CLS and 6/10 completed ODI's

We then get relegated in place of Hampshire(cos we don't have deep pockets like Mr Bransgrove) This **** Bransgrove moans and moans and moans about Durham.

Yet he then goes and splashes more cash on foreign players. Also nicks Asher Hart from us as he's getting paid 5 times what we could afford.

Hampshire could field a side where only 3 of their side could/would even be considered for an England call up. Of which Vince shouldn't play again in the test arena.

Adams
Smith(Ex Durham)
Vince
Roussow
Bailey
Ervine
Dawson
McManus

Berg
Abbott
Edwards

So just the 5 ex/current foreign international cricketers and Berg who's also a foreigner in the XI. Really helping the english game there ECB well done chaps.

Why weren't Kent promoted instead of these clowns a side with some young english talent. Bell Drummond, Northeast,Billings,Cowdrey. At least Denly/Tredwell are former england internationals too. I know Coles is hampshire originally but him too.
Coles started his career at Kent, went to Hampshire, then came back to Kent.

Essex are a strong enough side, so hopefully Hants go down anyway next season.

S.Kennedy

There is no way Durham should even bother their arse next season as the ECB have made it so that they cannot bounce back up, but It is disappointing that $tokes desires this plastic IPL nonsense over his own county. He may has well have just left also like $toneman and $cott Borthwick. Durham are doomed. Their players have zero loyalty to the academy system which created them. The ECB hates them for some odd reason, a county which has produced so many England players, yet loves a club which chucks its money at slimey Kolpacks. The restrictions by the ECB are so bad that it would have been preferable to return to the minor counties - no club in its right mind would sign up to such a package.

The ECB are absolute scum. I actually find it very hard to support England these days because of the ECB. (I have already decided that I will never buy an England ticket, nor a piece of England merchandising). I have to rationalise it with sayings like, ''it is not the players' fault that the ECB are excrement'' when watching England.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What Stokes chooses to do is nothing to do with Durham. He's not employed by them and they don't pay him a penny. Even if he doesn't go to the IPL, it is exceedingly unlikely he'd play county cricket in the interim.

As for criticising people for wanting to maximise their earning potential in what is a short career, I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee...

S.Kennedy

What Stokes chooses to do is nothing to do with Durham. He's not employed by them and they don't pay him a penny. Even if he doesn't go to the IPL, it is exceedingly unlikely he'd play county cricket in the interim.

As for criticising people for wanting to maximise their earning potential in what is a short career, I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee...
Not true. He would have probably played a few games at the first part of the season, and a few at the end, which tends to be the case with England regulars.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In spite of being red ball only players, Anderson and abroad barely played county cricket last year so there's no way the linchpin of all 3 sides will be playing. IPL is actually a different matter as it helps him develop white ball skills directly before a global white ball tournament.

S.Kennedy

In spite of being red ball only players, Anderson and abroad barely played county cricket last year so there's no way the linchpin of all 3 sides will be playing. IPL is actually a different matter as it helps him develop white ball skills directly before a global white ball tournament.
2016 Ben Stokes played six first-rate matches (of a possible sixteen) and seven (of seventeen) Twenty20s for Durham.

The Test players will play a lot more 2017 because the Test calendar has been pushed back until July, what with the ICC stuff.

I cannot claim to be unbiased on the subject of the IPL as I hate the competition with a passion.