• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni is going to have to rotate his bowlers regularly, don't let the batsmen get in against a particular bowler.

Major Wedgie

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys

Hi guys, I've decided that I don't want to be part of this forum. I'm heading over to *link removed* where the people have been friendly welcoming and hae shown a decent sense of humour.

If Perm has the admin's ear here then good luck keeping newcomers. My only hope is that when the admin arrives to check this thread out he keeps this post in mind when determining the next persons fate.

Cheers to all the nice people here that I never met.

Perm

FTR, I don't 'have the Admin's ear'.

Sangakkara out now, unusual innings from him. Hoping the spinners can pull it back.

biased indian

International Coach
tooo many wides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sreesanth over will be the difference ithink..its all over for us unless it rains :(

jeevan

International 12th Man
After 95/2 at 12.0 overs, this match is a lost cause for India.

Folks who were cheering a couple of days ago would do well to
check their exuberance. Rohit Sharma did well again today, as did Dhoni
in his supporting role niche that he's carving out for himself. That's
pretty much the only positive here.

Sreesanth may have caused himself disproportionate harm here.
When Zaheer & RP recover, someone has to make way and it is
probably going to be him and not Ishant or Pathan.

biased indian

International Coach
thats well known fact rite...when either of them come back sreesanth will have to make the way ..unless he perform well in all the game he always have 4 off gmaes and one decent game which is not good enough at all.....

no body will even think of removing sharma at the moment..if both of them are fit i think either RP or Zhaeer will have to sit out of the team atleast for the time being

Perm

and that was why Dilshan should always open the batting.
Despite really struggling early on and looking all at sea against the new ball? Granted he scored plenty of runs and basically woke the game for Sri Lanka, but he didn't look too flash at the start. Did well near the end though, as there wasn't a great deal wrong with the bowling for the most part.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Despite really struggling early on and looking all at sea against the new ball? Granted he scored plenty of runs and basically woke the game for Sri Lanka, but he didn't look too flash at the start. Did well near the end though, as there wasn't a great deal wrong with the bowling for the most part.
I rate him as an opener more for his the intent he shows at the crease than anything else. Right now SL have no openers - save of course Jayasuriya. Tharanga is a joke. Dilshan will at least always search for runs and if he spends any amount of time at the crease, he usually tends to cash in. Tharanga just gifts his wicket to any ball around off-stump, regardless of how much time he spends out in the middle. I grant you the fact that Dilshan tends to be pretty streaky and not particularly pleasing to the eye - but he has the right mentality. Given time up the top, I think he can develop into a decent opening batsmen for SL.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was at uni all day so didn't see a ball bowled.

Was Sreesanth as bad as his ridiculously horrible figures suggest he was?

JBH001

International Regular
Hi guys, I've decided that I don't want to be part of this forum. I'm heading over to *link removed* where the people have been friendly welcoming and hae shown a decent sense of humour.

If Perm has the admin's ear here then good luck keeping newcomers. My only hope is that when the admin arrives to check this thread out he keeps this post in mind when determining the next persons fate.

Cheers to all the nice people here that I never met.
Good riddance.

19 posts of little or nothing to contribute. Get out and stay out sums up my thoughts.

JBH001

International Regular
Like I said in the other thread, I am stoked both my teams won.

Have had a big grin on my face for the last two hours or so! :D

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Srilanka have been very lucky with rain this tournament.It has rained at just about the right times for them this tournament in two games now.
After watching this game i am pretty confident that if this tournament remained rain free from here on and had full 50 over games then India and Australia will be contesting the finals.

India today did not today do too much wrong in the circumstances except sreesanth's bowling and lack of acceleration between 16-21 overs in the given circumstances.
Duckworth lewis just did the team in and put srilanka in a position where they were left a with a target where there batsmen on this good pitch could swing their bat at anything wiyhout much pressure.