• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They won the WC without Lee, y'know. :) That's the strength of the squad; I don't think losing any of those blokes is any better or worse than losing Haydos.
Well we won the CT, and several tournaments before it, without Hayden. And not because he was injured, but because he was deemed not good enough. He certainly deserves his place now but he's not suddenly the most important player in the team because he had a good year and we had a bad start in one game he was out of.

He's obviously extremely important to the Test team and he obviously deserves his place in the ODI team, but he's not the all-important ODI God that is made out. In fact, I'd say he's pretty much the worst ODI batsman in the top 6 (which isn't really an insult as such due to the ridiculous quality of said top 6, but still..)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hayden and clark back for next game,noffke and voges have beenb released.
I'd really rather see someone other than Clark get an extended run in the ODI squad, TBH. I'm very much convinced of him as a Test bowler now, but he's always been fairly poor in ODIs and, even if he is better than Noffke/Bollinger/Hilfenhaus in ODIs, it's only slighty, and I'd rather use the team to build some depth in international experience in such cases.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well we won the CT, and several tournaments before it, without Hayden. And not because he was injured, but because he was deemed not good enough. He certainly deserves his place now but he's not suddenly the most important player in the team because he had a good year and we had a bad start in one game he was out of.

He's obviously extremely important to the Test team and he obviously deserves his place in the ODI team, but he's not the all-important ODI God that is made out. In fact, I'd say he's pretty much the worst ODI batsman in the top 6 (which isn't really an insult as such due to the ridiculous quality of said top 6, but still..)
I'm not saying he's number 1 in the Aussie side. I'm just saying guys like Clarke, Symonds, etc. are all in the mix for being as big as loss as each other if they're absent for some reason. Hayden is in that group, I reckon. Miss him and you miss as much as the others. Plus, it's hard to argue with the big scores he's racked-up in the last year or so.

I also think him being rated as the worst in the top 6 is harsh; I'd have him in my team above Yousuf or Smith, myself.

McGrath was still in the lineup at the WC. Right now, I'd say Lee is the MVP for the Australian ODI team. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I quite simply don't beleive Hayden is as important to the ODI team as the players I previously mentioned :)
Well you're just a big pile of poo aren't you? :D

AWTA, he's bowling so well, and has had 4/5 dropped catches off his bowling alone. Deserved more wickets than he got in the test series imo, and probably should've had another 1/2 yesterday. But, that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.
Watch as next summer, to re-address the balance, he's the beneficiary of several dodgy LBW's against South Africa who then proceed to throw several stumps through him.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not saying he's number 1 in the Aussie side. I'm just saying guys like Clarke, Symonds, etc. are all in the mix for being as big as loss as each other if they're absent for some reason. Hayden is in that group, I reckon. Miss him and you miss as much as the others. Plus, it's hard to argue with the big scores he's racked-up in the last year or so.

I also think him being rated as the worst in the top 6 is harsh; I'd have him in my team above Yousuf or Smith, myself.

Watch as next summer, to re-address the balance, he's the beneficiary of several dodgy LBW's against South Africa who then proceed to throw several stumps through him.
:blink: Johnson has only ever played 1 match against South Africa (His 2nd ever ODI) where he went for 28 from 3 overs...?

EDIT: LOL, just realised you were talking about next summer :ph34r:

Oh, and I'm pretty sure PEWS meant Hayden was the worst in the Austrlian top 6. (I'd say 2nd worst ahead of Gilly)

pup11

International Coach
I'd really rather see someone other than Clark get an extended run in the ODI squad, TBH. I'm very much convinced of him as a Test bowler now, but he's always been fairly poor in ODIs and, even if he is better than Noffke/Bollinger/Hilfenhaus in ODIs, it's only slighty, and I'd rather use the team to build some depth in international experience in such cases.
Though Dougie Bollinger has done really well in Pura cup games his form in OD games has been very average so i won't think of giving him a run in ODI's, Noffers is the best option atm as he adds variety to the side wih his all-round talent, i have never liked the idea of having Clark as an ODI bowler as he is way too predictable as an ODI bowler IMO!

Laurrz

International Debutant
Though Dougie Bollinger has done really well in Pura cup games his form in OD games has been very average so i won't think of giving him a run in ODI's, Noffers is the best option atm as he adds variety to the side wih his all-round talent, i have never liked the idea of having Clark as an ODI bowler as he is way too predictable as an ODI bowler IMO!
i tend to agree about Clark sometimes being predictable.. but i think he's actually mixed up his pace and stuff pretty well... (during twenty/20) obviously he wont experiment like in the T20 but hes only played one game after that tournament and he got 2/16 or something....

I'd like him with the new ball...the hard seam
if he gets tonked get Bracken in straight away or something...

actually having said that it depends who we're playing... for Lanka (Sanath, Tharanga and Sangakkara) i'd prefer Bracken opening... if India Clark.. just me

btw - dude in ur av looks like noffers lol (sean william scott yes?)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha weird, just got an email from my sister. A family friend of ours has landed a job as part of a cricket interviewing team thing.

She's easily the best looking interviewer itbt.

Attachments

pasag

RTDAS
I thought they'd scrapped the tri-series format?
Starting next year, I think.

Really hope there's a game tomorrow and it's a good one at that. Don't want to start the debate again, but I think ODI cricket in Australia, after the success of the MCG Twenty20, will be under a huge (if it isn't already) threat unless we can get some good contests happening here.

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
You're joking right? Can Hopes play an offside shot? First 2 he tried he played and missed, then thought "Hmm, I won't move my feet at all for this one" and got bowled.
You've gotta be kidding. So your judging hopes' off side play by 2 plays and misses? hopes will hopefully be australia's new opener once gilly retires..