• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bhaji Touches Butt Again

20:54 local, 10:54 GMT The rain is back and everyone's going off. I don't think they will come back on. Its happened once too often. Harbhajan patted Clarke on the bum as he walked away. Clarke just smiled, but then of course the cameras were on him. Symonds didn't see it, as he was already walking off.

Laurrz

International Debutant
20:54 local, 10:54 GMT The rain is back and everyone's going off. I don't think they will come back on. Its happened once too often. Harbhajan patted Clarke on the bum as he walked away. Clarke just smiled, but then of course the cameras were on him. Symonds didn't see it, as he was already walking off.
he loves flirting with our players haha

Laurrz

International Debutant
We don't "need" Haydos. Hopes showed why he's a more than adequate replacement at the top of the order before the rain break, and then I very much doubt Hayden would've survived had he received a delivery as good as the 1 that got Hopes.
i was exaggerating obviously

but yes Hayden makes the world of difference to our team... not least in the slips department ... my god its amazing how much drop catches we make in the Perth test match and now here without him

simply cant compare him to Hopes...Hopes is handy and i actually said he should open with Haydos in the future but Haydos is something else and i hope he plays v Lanka next game

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't forget Hayden dropped an absolute sitter in Adelaide as well. In test cricket he make a world of difference to the team, but I'm not talking about test cricket.

In ODIs the team looks just about every bit as good without him in it because he quite simply isn't one of Australias most important ODI players. Ponting, Clarke, Symonds, Hussey, Gilly, Lee & Bracken > Haydos in terms of importance to the Australian ODI team afaic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't forget Hayden dropped an absolute sitter in Adelaide as well. In test cricket he make a world of difference to the team, but I'm not talking about test cricket.

In ODIs the team looks just about every bit as good without him in it because he quite simply isn't one of Australias most important ODI players. Ponting, Clarke, Symonds, Hussey, Gilly, Lee & Bracken > Haydos in terms of importance to the Australian ODI team afaic.
That's so ridiculous, but it may be true.

Really, rather than showing how unimportant Hayden is, it just shows how awesome the Australian ODI team is.

pup11

International Coach
I think Harbhajan is a homo!:blink:

pup11

International Coach

WTF? Hopes could do a decent job opening, but he kisses Haydos's arse, i mean c'mon man Hayden was Australia's highest run-scorer in almost every ****ing form of the game last year so how can you say he is no more important to the Australian team.:huh:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant Sharma - will be one of the top 3 bowlers in the world by February 2010.
Could be sooner than that. There is the glaring possibility of him becoming another Agarkar/Nehra, but he seems to have greater accuracy and stamina than either. I initially criticised his ability to go straight from now to full international schedule, but I admit that I was wrong. In this Australia tour, he has shown himself to be potentially India's fastest ever bowler and most certainly their bowler of most sustained pace, able to keep up 140kph for eight overs on the trot. It is unreal how much he has improved since Bangladesh, where he looked average and Pakistan, where, again, he looked decidedly average.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WTF? Hopes could do a decent job opening, but he kisses Haydos's arse, i mean c'mon man Hayden was Australia's highest run-scorer in almost every ****ing form of the game last year so how can you say he is no more important to the Australian team.:huh:
Have to agree here. Hopes hit a few good shots yesterday but you'd never back him to bat out the innings for a big ton like Haydos has done for the past year at least.

Johnners

That's so ridiculous, but it may be true.

Really, rather than showing how unimportant Hayden is, it just shows how awesome the Australian ODI team is.
Have to agree here. Hopes hit a few good shots yesterday but you'd never back him to bat out the innings for a big ton like Haydos has done for the past year at least.
I'm not saying Hopes is as good or as Important to the Australian team as Hayden, that much is obvious. I'm saying that Hayden isn't an essential part of the Australian ODI team. People seem to forget that before Haydens return in the Chappell/Hadless series in late 2006, Australia were winning just as comfortably without him, as they are now with him.

Take any 1 of Lee, Bracken, Ponting, Symonds, Clarke or Hussey out of the team, and imo it looks more fragile than it does when Hayden is out.

Top_Cat

I'm not saying Hopes is as good or as Important to the Australian team as Hayden, that much is obvious. I'm saying that Hayden isn't an essential part of the Australian ODI team. People seem to forget that before Haydens return in the Chappell/Hadless series in late 2006, Australia were winning just as comfortably without him, as they are now with him.

Take any 1 of Lee, Bracken, Ponting, Symonds, Clarke or Hussey out of the team, and imo it looks more fragile than it does when Hayden is out.
They won the WC without Lee, y'know. :) That's the strength of the squad; I don't think losing any of those blokes is any better or worse than losing Haydos.

Top_Cat

Speaking of last night's match, how unlucky is Mitch Johnson right now? All summer, really. He must be wondering which black cat mirror he smashed under a ladder.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Swing, pace, hostility, accuracy etc. The makings of a very good bowler, moreso in Tests, but has the tendency to be wayward.
Funny, if you think about it, he has a worse domestic record than Abdur Rauf, but according to you, he has the makings of a very good bowler, but Abdur Rauf didn't even deserve a debut against ZIM.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
We don't "need" Haydos. Hopes showed why he's a more than adequate replacement at the top of the order before the rain break, and then I very much doubt Hayden would've survived had he received a delivery as good as the 1 that got Hopes.
You're joking right? Can Hopes play an offside shot? First 2 he tried he played and missed, then thought "Hmm, I won't move my feet at all for this one" and got bowled.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Funny, if you think about it, he has a worse domestic record than Abdur Rauf
No he doesn't, actually. Perm was referring to Rauf (and Sreesanth's) ODI credentials - ie. their List A records. Sreesanth's List A record is much better than Rauf's (although it still isn't great). If Rauf was selected in the Test squad, Perm would not be complaining.

Johnners

You're joking right? Can Hopes play an offside shot? First 2 he tried he played and missed, then thought "Hmm, I won't move my feet at all for this one" and got bowled.
You referring to the quality of the ball that dismissed Hopes, or just his batting in general? Sure his footwork left a little to be desired, but from the times I've seen him play for QLD he's been strong all around the wicket. Probably was a little over the top saying he was "more than" adequate, but I certainly think he's a good option if Hayden/Gilly aren't around.

Johnners

They won the WC without Lee, y'know. :) That's the strength of the squad; I don't think losing any of those blokes is any better or worse than losing Haydos.
McGrath was still in the lineup at the WC. Right now, I'd say Lee is the MVP for the Australian ODI team. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I quite simply don't beleive Hayden is as important to the ODI team as the players I previously mentioned :)

Speaking of last night's match, how unlucky is Mitch Johnson right now? All summer, really. He must be wondering which black cat mirror he smashed under a ladder.
AWTA, he's bowling so well, and has had 4/5 dropped catches off his bowling alone. Deserved more wickets than he got in the test series imo, and probably should've had another 1/2 yesterday. But, that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.