• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

James

Cricket Web Owner
The problem with the ignore option is that you have to be logged in to use it...

And though, debating the worth of replying, it seems worth it to say:

Stop putting words in my mouth you blithering juvenile idiot. FFS.

logs back on so as to avoid rets mindless mumblings
Take it easy JBH001, no need to resort to that sort of stuff.

JBH001

International Regular
Ahahaha, did not watch the Symond tackle live (was watching 'House' at the time) but the replays are fantastic. Great shoulder charge. Apt too with league season starting.

JBH001

International Regular
Take it easy JBH001, no need to resort to that sort of stuff.
Yeah, fair play, mate.

Just dislike it when people put words in my mouth, especially when I dont rate them.

Still, ignore works a treat, so its all good.

ret

International Debutant
Yeah, fair play, mate.

Just dislike it when people put words in my mouth, especially when I dont rate them.

Still, ignore works a treat, so its all good.
well, i don't think you know me enough to rate me .... and backing off by saying things doesn't leave you with the option of not explaining ur comments on the 'class'

so what is it, do you think that Indians in India don't have a class by implying that at least Indians in OZ should show class or r u implying that Indians in OZ don't hv class

and the way you handled this, probably, shows what a loser you are .... grow up, JackassBH001

PS i know you can read this :p

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
ret - there's no need at all to try and stir it up with JBH001, just let it go, and don't let it turn into something where some action needs to be taken because no one wants that.

pasag

RTDAS
Symonds wont be charged by police or the ICC but the streaker could still press charges.

A Senior Sergeant last night said the streaker himself was not injured - apart from sporting a bruised ego.

"I just spoke to him and he's all right, other than feeling like a goose," the officer said.

"He said it was a dare from his mates. He realises it was a pretty dumb thing to do. He's just spoken to his missus [by phone], so I don't think he's feeling too good now, but he'll be all right."

:laugh:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/symonds-wont-cop-streaker-charge/2008/03/05/1204402506614.html

pasag

RTDAS
well, i don't think you know me enough to rate me .... and backing off by saying things doesn't leave you with the option of not explaining ur comments on the 'class'

so what is it, do you think that Indians in India don't have a class by implying that at least Indians in OZ should show class or r u implying that Indians in OZ don't hv class

and the way you handled this, probably, shows what a loser you are .... grow up, JackassBH001

PS i know you can read this :p
Go back and read his post again, he implied and said nothing of the sort.

ret

International Debutant
Go back and read his post again, he implied and said nothing of the sort.
I just asked for an explaination for the quote below .... nothing less, nothing more

I could understand it, if not condone it, if they were Indian crowds in India, but Indians in Australia? Come on, have some class

pasag

RTDAS
I just asked for an explaination for the quote below .... nothing less, nothing more
Well when you throw in the roll-eyes at the end of the post, it turns it what might be an innocent question into what appears to be an somewhat hostile accusation. Anyways, I'll explain it to you:

The question mark is a full stop as well. The class comment is referring to the people who booed. At no stage did he say or imply that Indians in Australia don't have class. The comment about Indians in Australia is that it is more acceptable/understandable to boo in your home venue. Then when JBH001 said show some class, he was not putting that tag on all Indians in Australia, he was going back to the segments of the crowd that booed, the focus of his point.

ret

International Debutant
Well when you throw in the roll-eyes at the end of the post, it turns it what might be an innocent question into what appears to be an somewhat hostile accusation. Anyways, I'll explain it to you:

The question mark is a full stop as well. The class comment is referring to the people who booed. At no stage did he say or imply that Indians in Australia don't have class. The comment about Indians in Australia is that it is more acceptable/understandable to boo in your home venue. Then when JBH001 said show some class, he was not putting that tag on all Indians in Australia, he was going back to the segments of the crowd that booed, the focus of his point.
so, i guess, his central point is that it's ok [acceptable/understandable/whatever] to boo in ur home venue but not at the other team's venue

but, i guess thats not how most Indians think .... I don't think, Inds believe in acting like Lions in their den but like Mice outside of it. As a country, that is seeing itself as one of the future superpowers, its not how it thinks, imo

and his quote according to that explaination could have more distrubing meaning if someone were to interpret that Indians in OZ should mind their own biz [and behave] as it is not their country or something along that lines as to boo at ur own venue but not at other's could be intrepreted in the above way too

I do understand that crowd behavior at some sections of the ground in that game was not upto the mark but there are better ways to put that

just my 2 cents

pasag

RTDAS
so, i guess, his central point is that it's ok [acceptable/understandable/whatever] to boo in ur home venue but not at the other team's venue

but, i guess thats not how most Indians think .... I don't think, Inds believe in acting like Lions in their den but like Mice outside of it. As a country, that is seeing itself as one of the future superpowers, its not how it thinks, imo

and his quote according to that explaination could have more distrubing meaning if someone were to interpret that Indians in OZ should mind their own biz [and behave] as it is not their country or something along that lines as to boo at ur own venue but not at other's could be intrepreted in the above way too

I do understand that crowd behavior at some sections of the ground in that game was not upto the mark but there are better ways to put that

just my 2 cents
But you do see how you misinterpreted his post, don't you?

ret

International Debutant
But you do see how you misinterpreted his post, don't you?
if I were to go by ur explaination then i did misintrepret it somewhat .... but as i said, imo, it could hv been put in a better way as i don't like the way he put that in

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
FFS!!!

>_< >_< >_<

Since Pasag has had to try and explain my post, and done a pretty good job of it too, let me clarify exactly what I meant by that paragraph.

If the booing had happened in India by a whole bunch of native Indians, I would have understood it, even if not condoned it. That sort of stuff happens, especially when sport becomes tarred with the jingoistic nationalistic brush (as has happened to a greater degree than normal in this series). But, I would say that most of the Indians in that crowd were Indians who had moved to work and to live in Australia. In time they, or their children will become naturalised Australians. Now, that does not meant that they have to support the Australians (I for example always support SL vs NZ, and NZ otherwise - albeit not very enthusiastically) but it does mean that booing the captain of the Australian national team, and the best bowler of the tournament (just because he seems to be Australian, or not Indian) is a particularly graceless and classless act.

ret

International Debutant
FFS!!!

>_< >_< >_<

Since Pasag has had to try and explain my post, and done a pretty good job of it too, let me clarify exactly what I meant by that paragraph.

If the booing had happened in India by a whole bunch of native Indians, I would have understood it, even if not condoned it. That sort of stuff happens, especially when sport becomes tarred with the jingoistic nationalistic brush (as has happened to a greater degree than normal in this series). But, I would say that most of the Indians in that crowd were Indians who had moved to work and to live in Australia. In time they, or their children will become naturalised Australians. Now, that does not meant that they have to support the Australians (I for example always support SL vs NZ, and NZ otherwise - albeit not very enthusiastically) but it does mean that booing the captain of the Australian national team, and the best bowler of the tournament (just because he seems to be Australian, or not Indian) is a particularly graceless and classless act.
ah ha, so u r assuming that all those booing were Australians of Indian origin OR Inds who moved to OZ .... asking these ppl to show class is an insult to these ppl

so in a way, my intrepretion was spot on

verdict = u r guilty as charged

case closed

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ah ha, so u r assuming that all those booing were Australians of Indian origin OR Inds who moved to OZ .... asking these ppl to show class is an insult to these ppl

so in a way, my intrepretion was spot on

verdict = u r guilty as charged

case closed
So you think that the people who were booing the Australian captain were Australian supporters? I don't get what you're on about mate.

He's saying that the people who booed Ponting when he made what was, after all, a gracious speech to the Indian team, showed neither class nor grace. And he was spot on.

Actually, I couldn't hear a lot of Dhoni's speech - did he acknowledge the efforts of the other team in the finals? If he did, one can say he showed some grace in his comments. If he didn't one can say his comments were not as gracious as they might have been, rather than graceless per se.

Anyway, really mate you're doing nowt more here than trying to flame bait.

[Insert trite sign off here like "My Two Cents"]

ret

International Debutant
So you think that the people who were booing the Australian captain were Australian supporters? I don't get what you're on about mate.

He's saying that the people who booed Ponting when he made what was, after all, a gracious speech to the Indian team, showed neither class nor grace. And he was spot on.

Actually, I couldn't hear a lot of Dhoni's speech - did he acknowledge the efforts of the other team in the finals? If he did, one can say he showed some grace in his comments. If he didn't one can say his comments were not as gracious as they might have been, rather than graceless per se.

Anyway, really mate you're doing nowt more here than trying to flame bait.

[Insert trite sign off here like "My Two Cents"]
if you would hv read the last few posts then you would know .... ppl who booed the OZs could be [amongst others]

1. Indians who came to see the final from Ind
2. Australians of Ind origin
3. Inds who live, work, study in OZ

now his point was in short, it's ok if u boo in ur home venue but not ok at other team's venue .... then he unnecessarily assumed that those who booed the OZ team were Inds who live/work in OZ and who want to be OZ citizens which might not be the case at all and asking them to show class is an insult to such ppl

again, if the guys were from Ind then too telling them to boo in their home grounds but not at the other team's venue is like advising someone to be lion in his den and a mice outside of it .... which is not how most Inds are

now this has nothing to do with not condemining the crowd behavior in some sections, but it's abt drawing possible wrong conclusions from it abt the origin of the crowd and giving unwanted advise which is the point that i dislike

i m not the one who is going to assume things and jump the bandwgon and say 'oh yeah the crowd should hv showed class and not booed the OZ captain coz those ppl would be future citizens of OZ' [assumeing unnecessarily that those ppl want to be OZ citizens or are representative of that gruop]

and booing Ponting is not a major issue for me. heck, ppl will Boo George Bush in the States .... it would hv been better if he had just condemed the crowd behavior, rather than draw unnecessary assumptions and then offer advise

just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
if you would hv read the last few posts then you would know .... ppl who booed the OZs could be [amongst others]

1. Indians who came to see the final from Ind
2. Australians of Ind origin
3. Inds who live, work, study in OZ

now his point was in short, it's ok if u boo in ur home venue but not ok at other team's venue .... then he unnecessarily assumed that those who booed the OZ team were Inds who live/work in OZ and who want to be OZ citizens which might not be the case at all and asking them to show class is an insult to such ppl

again, if the guys were from Ind then too telling them to boo in their home grounds but not at the other team's venue is like advising someone to be lion in his den and a mice outside of it .... which is not how most Inds are

now this has nothing to do with not condemining the crowd behavior in some sections, but it's abt drawing the wrong conclusion from it abt the origin of the crowd and giving unwanted advise which is the pointthat i dislike

i m not the one who is going to assume things and jump the bandwgon and say 'oh yeah the crowd should hv showed class and not booed the OZ captain coz those ppl would be future citizens of OZ' [assumeing unnecessarily that those ppl want to be OZ citizens or are representative of that gruop]

and booing Ponting is not a major issue for me. heck, ppl will Boo George Bush in the States .... it would hv been better if he had just condemed the crowd behavior, rather than draw unnecessary assumptions and then offer advise

just my 2 cents
What a load of Rubbish. Why would you boo the captain of the home team when he is coming to the podium and was very gracious in defeat. He gave the Indian team credit for the win and didn't make any excuse for his team's loss. I kind of agree with Burgey about Dhoni, as good a Captain Dhoni is, we didn't hear a single praise for the opposition, not even a single word for Adam Gilchrist who was playing his last International Match.

Why would you boo Bracken for getting the Player of the series award who thoroughly deserved the award as much as anyone that played in the series.

Also it is common sense that those who were booing were Indian supporters, and I as an Indian fan felt very small because of what they did.

Lastly comparing Ponting to GWB is just height of stupidity.

ret

International Debutant
What a load of Rubbish. Why would you boo the captain of the home team when he is coming to the podium and was very gracious in defeat. He gave the Indian team credit for the win and didn't make any excuse for his team's loss. I kind of agree with Burgey about Dhoni, as good a Captain Dhoni is, we didn't hear a single praise for the opposition, not even a single word for Adam Gilchrist who was playing his last International Match.

Why would you boo Bracken for getting the Player of the series award who thoroughly deserved the award as much as anyone that played in the series.

Also it is common sense that those who were booing were Indian supporters, and I as an Indian fan felt very small because of what they did.

Lastly comparing Ponting to GWB is just height of stupidity.
yeah so condemn them who is stoping you to say that the crowd's behavior was bad .... why assume that those were the ppl who want to be the OZ citizens and stuff like that

and i feel bad if you felt small for what a section of crowd did. i guess murders, robberies, rapes by ppl would be turning you into a dwarf

lol, i guess taking that comparsion in the literal sense is height of stupidity. may be you can take it as even a head of states get booed in his country, so is that a big deal? a deal definately but a big deal?

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
ret you are overreacting. With that said, a few whistles and boos from the crowd is nothing to lose sleep over IMO.

Great retribution for India with this win here. There were moments when you could tell that this win meant much more to them than just the game. The celebration after Harby's wicket of Symonds was one of those moments.. just pure emotion spilling over of, dare I say, revenge (the proper way that is, within the boundaries) for that feeling of getting pushed around and finally being able to overcome and put it to rest. I think everyone is relieved this series is over, but one can't deny that part of what made it special was the tension and rivalry that developed.