• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oh, regarding the pitches: I think it was a good thing that the pitches allowed for big scores. The World Cup is in the Windies, and it's not like they're known to be green wickets there, are they?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's amazing what difference a couple of early wickets makes. This one is done, obviously.

Not a hugely important match really, but it can't hurt to have a big win before going to the Windies. Hayden's definitely looking a better prospect for the WC now, and Watson's batting was also impressive.
I know it's easy to giggle in hindsight, but... :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, regarding the pitches: I think it was a good thing that the pitches allowed for big scores. The World Cup is in the Windies, and it's not like they're known to be green wickets there, are they?
I think the gripe was more general than specific to the immediate future.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I would like you to explain to me how Franklin conceded just 4.3 an over from his 10 and Bracken around 5s if it was that impossible for bowlers.
Frankling bowled his overs before the final push when Hayden (and everyone else) went berserk. Bracken bowled extremely well, but also bowled most of his overs when NZ were under pressure (in the first quarter of the innings and then when McMillan was struggling quite a bit).
I suppose I could except criticism about the Wellington deck when Aust were rolled for 148, but not the last 2 games.
The pitch for the first pitch was good imo. Sure, Australia all out for 148 but Vincent and Fleming showed it was possible to score on that pitch.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do wonder what Aussie are missing more - the bowling of Lee or the combined fielding prowess of Symonds, Ponting, Clarke and Gilchrist. I didn't see more than a few minutes of this match before heading to work but I do wonder how good the players such as Hodge and Haddin are in the field?
Hodge has taken some absolute screamers in his last few games, don't think there's any real worry about him in the field.

Perm

Haha, I wouldn't say I respect him as a personality, but I do quite like watching him play. He's one of the most emotional cricketers I've ever seen, and he's always good for a laugh. Acts like a total dick sometimes, but I don't actually find his conduct offensive or anything, it's just silly.

Big admirer of him as a cricketer, obviously.
Got no problem with that, I quite enjoy watching him play because he has a lot of ability but can also act like a complete idiot at times, as witnessed in this particular ODI. I don't find his behaviour offensive either, like you said it's just silly and stupid most of the time.

Perm

Hodge has taken some absolute screamers in his last few games, don't think there's any real worry about him in the field.
Towns could have possibly been referring in terms of leadership aswell, not just actual fielding ability. In Gilchrist and Ponting you have vice-captain and capain, with Symonds being a huge leader in the field and Clarke destined to be the future Australian captain. Lots of leadership there.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch for the first pitch was good imo. Sure, Australia all out for 148 but Vincent and Fleming showed it was possible to score on that pitch.
Totally agree that wasn't such a bad wicket, just figured of the 3 pitches used Wellington would have received criticism before the last 2 pitches. Did you also think that Perth was too flat in the CB series when there were a couple of 300+ scores?..because personally i thought that was a cracking deck

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Totally agree that wasn't such a bad wicket, just figured of the 3 pitches used Wellington would have received criticism before the last 2 pitches. Did you also think that Perth was too flat in the CB series when there were a couple of 300+ scores?..because personally i thought that was a cracking deck
Yep.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Phew, just finished writting my report on the match, and I have to say that that was unbelievable! I know a lot of the aussie fans are grizzling about how this is just one trophy too many on an already packed international calender, but I really think a place needs to be found for the Chappell-Hadlee. It so far has provided 3 scintilating series in a row, and I think 3 games is the ideal length for a one day series, during an era of bloated 5, 6 and even 7 match series.

brockley

International Captain
I agree with the kiwi fans,the kiwi is now a more superior team than australia is or eever was.The kiwis are the no 1 team in all forms of the game.

Perm

I agree with the kiwi fans,the kiwi is now a more superior team than australia is or eever was.The kiwis are the no 1 team in all forms of the game.
We don't play enough Test's to even be ranked in people's opinions.