• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can see why people see him bat like that and think he's a rare talent, but his output is actually bloody terrible. He's a cricketing stopped clock.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You can see why people see him bat like that and think he's a rare talent, but his output is actually bloody terrible. He's a cricketing stopped clock.
Didn't you back him for big things a few years ago? IIRC I jumped on board and made a -- in hindsight, ****ing awful -- claim that he'd end up with 5000 Test runs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't you back him for big things a few years ago? IIRC I jumped on board and made a -- in hindsight, ****ing awful -- claim that he'd end up with 5000 Test runs.
I think most of us did tbh. He looked the standout young batsman a few years back.

Burgey

Yeah I did back him in. His consistency hasn’t got any better at all in that time - still like a teenager.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly think he worries too much at the crease. His best innings in recent times have been when the spotlight has been off and the matches have been effectively dead rubbers. Maybe he puts too much pressure on himself and freezes up.

Nonetheless, he does look super talented at times and if we had that Maddinson nine times out of ten he'd be one of the best batsmen in history. Unfortunately he only shows up one time out of ten.

Burgey

I should qualify my statement by saying teenagers can, and often are, consistently awful.

Spikey

That wade non attempt was the greatest thing I’ve ever seen
I think Joffa realised there was no point trying to catch it due to it being a free hit and left it to the man with the gloves except wade had taken one glove off and wasn't in a position to 'catch' it