• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 12 - 2022/23

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The actual answer is:

A Free Hit is to be awarded after all modes of No ball. If the No ball was called for having too many fielders outside the circle, the field can be changed for the Free Hit even if there is no change in striker, but only to the extent of correcting the breach

Spikey

ah but in this case it was having too many fielders on the leg-side. we should be stuck in an infinite no-ball loop

Burgey

How good a name is “Wes Agar”?

If masculinity and alphaness had a name, it would be Wes Agar. You can’t bowl finger spin if your name is Wes. You have to be muscular and bowl fast if your name is Wes.

Wes

W E S
E
S

TheJediBrah

I know it's just the BBL but what a turn around this season for Finch. Goes from being one of the worst-performed and most maligned white-ball captains at the start of the season to having an exceptional tournament here. Love to see it.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Rogers is quietly building a name for himself as a solid white ball pacer. 3rd leading wicket takers this BBL and leading wicket takers in the early part of the marsh cup I think. If I remember it correctly he's also a more than capable batsmen. Could be playing in Australian colours in a few years.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How good a name is “Wes Agar”?

If masculinity and alphaness had a name, it would be Wes Agar. You can’t bowl finger spin if your name is Wes. You have to be muscular and bowl fast if your name is Wes.

Wes

W E S
E
S
Same with 'Lance Morris' imo

Good strong masculine name that. Can't for the life of me imagine a bloke named Lance bowling 90k darts off 2 steps

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Rogers is quietly building a name for himself as a solid white ball pacer. 3rd leading wicket takers this BBL and leading wicket takers in the early part of the marsh cup I think. If I remember it correctly he's also a more than capable batsmen. Could be playing in Australian colours in a few years.
It's like the Dirk Nannes story for Gen Z. Wasnt Nannes a ski instructor who took up cricket in his mid 20s?
Rogers could play international cricket from relative obscurity - he looks a very well-rounded bowler.Does he have a full-time contract with a Shield team?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's like the Dirk Nannes story for Gen Z. Wasnt Nannes a ski instructor who took up cricket in his mid 20s?
Rogers could play international cricket from relative obscurity - he looks a very well-rounded bowler.Does he have a full-time contract with a Shield team?
He has a contract with Tasmania AFAIK, has 50 odd wickets at 22 but Tas keep on picking bell and rainbird over him for some reason.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just rememered that the strikers have two of the top 3 batsmen in the tourney on runs, bowled a side out for 15, chased the biggest total in BBL history all in the same tournament and didn't qualify for the finals when 5/8 teams make playoffs. Insane.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The Strikers are my team, but there's far too much mediocrity in that squad (exempting Short, Lynn and Rashid)
Hose and De Grandhomme are meh T20 cricketers, and I have no idea why Thomas Kelly played the majority of games. Has never done anything in his career as of yet, and it's a waste of a spot having him at 6/7 as he doesn't bowl

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I still give them a good crack of making finals next year if they invest in some top overseas players and cut some of the dead wood in the squad

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I still give them a good crack of making finals next year if they invest in some top overseas players and cut some of the dead wood in the squad
Will siddle be playing next year? Poor season this year but still rate him hugely. Lynn, short, rashid and siddle is a good group of players to build a side around. Still reckon thornton has massive potential if he works on his game in the off-season.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, can we talk about head vs spin? He looked clueless vs kuhenemann in the heat strikers game and got out to him early, and now he's made 18 off 32 and looked dreadful vs fawad and corey rocconcholi. Given how he went last time in the subcontinent last time it's shocking to me that the Australian management can look at him and say "yeah a few net's will have him ready to face ASHWIN IN INDIA."