• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
A shooting at the Chch mosque has been reported. Bodies were seen on the ground. Apparently the whole area around Hagley Park is in lockdown. Thoughts and prayers with the victims.

Days of Grace

International Captain
A shooting at the Chch mosque has been reported. Bodies were seen on the ground. Apparently the whole area around Hagley Park is in lockdown. Thoughts and prayers with the victims.
Bloody hell, that is horrible.

Might not fly down there if the test match is in jeopardy.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah sounds like the Bangladesh players had to make a run for it, might not be in much of a state to play tomorrow after that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Heard the shooting? They were in the mosque and escaped it. Test should absolutely be called off.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently it was a 4chan user telling people to subscribe to pewdiepie and other weird meme alt right **** mid shooting, and the Bangladesh team being here was potentially coincidence.

I could be completely wrong though

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently it was a 4chan user telling people to subscribe to pewdiepie and other weird meme alt right **** mid shooting, and the Bangladesh team being here was potentially coincidence.

I could be completely wrong though
It was.

Very manipulative though, the guy says in his manifesto he wanted to maximise the stirring of the social pot.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Frustrating. Was really looking forward to this and especially Will Young's debut but it's a massive ****uation here and it's by far the best call to call it off. I work very close by to the first attack (was actually in Hagley Park when the gunshots went off) and we're still in lockdown with no estimate of when it will end.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously the correct decision. There are far more important things in life than cricket, and the Bangladesh players and staff should get back to their families ASAP.

I hope they'll feel comfortable touring here again at some point in the future, but I can't blame them if not.