• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why's that?
Better facilitates, coaching, winning environment et cetera. Watch him bat, he personifies talent but episodes such as being dropped for no reason, not getting paid and falling out of favour with the board because sometimes the side is 'too white' can't help his development, I would have guessed.

Aritro

International Regular
Better facilitates, coaching, winning environment et cetera. Watch him bat, he personifies talent but episodes such as being dropped for no reason, not getting paid and falling out of favour with the board because sometimes the side is 'too white' can't help his development, I would have guessed.
Why couldn't he get a franchise contract?

Athlai

Not Terrible
That'll be Shakib's 7th MOTM award and he could be coming close to his 4th MOTS.

2 or 3 more to have the most in Bangladehsi history for matches and he is already tied with Nafees for series awards.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Decent chase from Zim and if they held their catches, they would have been chasing considerably less. Should be looking at dropping Justice and Matsikenyeri for the next game and given Ray Price 10 overs. Prosper always seems to make a ****-up when jiggling his bowlers around.

cricman

International 12th Man
Shakib, most likely be the #1 on the ODI bowling rankings and creep up in he Top 10 in Batting too.

That lead in the All Rounders ranking is going to be huge by the end of the Series, If we win the next match. He should be flown back to London and find the cause of his Groin Injury. Cortizone shots @ 22 is not healthy especally after he had 3 months rest.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Shakib's already the ranked at # 2 in the ODI bowlers list by the ICC Cricket Rankings. Interesting. He needs to up his batting more and make it to the top 10 there as well!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Decent chase from Zim and if they held their catches, they would have been chasing considerably less. Should be looking at dropping Justice and Matsikenyeri for the next game and given Ray Price 10 overs. Prosper always seems to make a ****-up when jiggling his bowlers around.
Yeah, Prosper seems like a good bloke and he's very mature cricketer for someone of his age but I'd be giving the captaincy to Hamilton or even Sean Williams (mainly to make the latter stay in the country TBH :p). Utseya's got the backbone and leadership for it but his tactical naus leaves a lot to be desired.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Williams is class, career best for him today as well. Shame he could never get a franchise deal, would have been a real quality batsman in a better environment.

Matsikenyeri letting the side down again. God knows why this guy plays, can't bat or bowl.
Absolutely terrible player, and thats being nice

stumpski

International Captain
At 0-2 down, I guess it's time to start rooting for the Zims. Don't want to see them whitewashed. Pretty good recovery from 60-3 to 183, and Masakadza has his highest ODI score in 71 innings. Can he make another seven?

stumpski

International Captain
... and he's done it.

Maiden ODI hundred eight years after hitting one on Test debut, some sort of a record perhaps?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wish I could have watched this. Hamilton is my favourite Zimbabwean cricketer. Anyone who can reverse cover drive Murali for four is awesome.

Also, my man Elton with a fine little cameo and five more sixes. Watch out Afridi...

Anyone know why Sean Williams wasn't playing? Alistair Campbell is the chairman of selectors and I'm sure he wouldn't drop Williams unless he was carrying a knock.

Chubb

International Regular
Top batting from the boys- Hamilton's first ton against a full side for a fair while. Good stuff from Taylor (when's he going to make a ton?) and Elton doing what he does best at the end. Bowling is still a worry though.

Poor quality highlights have been available on Youtube for the first two matches, I'm sure the bloke who puts them up (proprietor of brmtaylor.com) will do the same for this if at all possible. I think he tapes them off the TV on a digicam.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a very good total.

I still wouldn't put this past Bangladesh though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SuperSport are showing the games live. Probably some good streams knocking around...

Iqbal gone for a golden duck, Mupariwa strikes with the first ball of the game. :)