• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wish I could have watched this. Hamilton is my favourite Zimbabwean cricketer. Anyone who can reverse cover drive Murali for four is awesome.

Also, my man Elton with a fine little cameo and five more sixes. Watch out Afridi...

Anyone know why Sean Williams wasn't playing? Alistair Campbell is the chairman of selectors and I'm sure he wouldn't drop Williams unless he was carrying a knock.
Williams was ruled out with injury.

I think Bangladesh have panicked a bit though. They scored only a couple less runs just playing to the situation of the bowling on a slightly worse batting pitch against a better attack in the second game.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Understandable that Bangladesh would go early. Hard to get 100+ runs out of Price's and Prosper's 20 overs. They needed to target Elton, he is a weak link but unfortunately today they have paid the price. Zim set for a huge win.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just can't fathom how they think Rainsford would offer less bowling now than Waller would batting eight.

Even if they want to insist that Chigumbura is a frontline bowler (which he isn't), that's still only four. Williams and Chibhabha aren't even playing today so ten overs have to come from Hamilton, Matsikenyeri and maybe Waller if his offies are rated as anything near respectable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not a bad over from Waller. Looks a better bowler than Matiskenyeri and Masakadza at least, based on that evidence.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Predictably fine effort from Ray Price. Since coming back to Zimbabwe in late 2007, he has averaged 30 with the ball with an economy rate under 4 in 30 ODI's.

He should be in the top ten ODI bowlers, a constant performer albeit not a genuine wicket taker.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Prosper doing strange things with his bowlers again. God knows why Hamilton is bowling, given that he has two seamers, Price, himself and Waller, who is doing an ok job.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hamilton
Vermeulen
Coventry
Williams
Taibu
Taylor
Elton
Prosper
Price
Mupariwa
Rainsford

Should be Zim's first eleven. Got the bowling sorted, four genuine bowlers with Elton, Hamilton, Taibu and Williams all capable of a couple overs between them (Elton with possibly ten, on a good day). Batting, also looks strong albeit with a weak tail.

Shame Sean Ervine is lost, as he could bat top five, replace Coventry and give you five overs.

Looks like dodgy captaincy once again from Prosper. Ray Price still hasn't been bowled out. Give Hamilton the captaincy...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
50 for pace bowler, Mahbubul Alam. Highest score before today was 20 odd (all cricket), he can thank Utseya for that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hamilton
Vermeulen
Coventry
Williams
Taibu
Taylor
Elton
Prosper
Price
Mupariwa
Rainsford

Should be Zim's first eleven. Got the bowling sorted, four genuine bowlers with Elton, Hamilton, Taibu and Williams all capable of a couple overs between them (Elton with possibly ten, on a good day). Batting, also looks strong albeit with a weak tail.

Shame Sean Ervine is lost, as he could bat top five, replace Coventry and give you five overs.

Looks like dodgy captaincy once again from Prosper. Ray Price still hasn't been bowled out. Give Hamilton the captaincy...
Yeah, agree with that eleven. Might change the batting order a bit but that's definitely the eleven I'd pick at the moment. I'd look to get Barney Rogers in for Coventry if he scored any runs at all for whatever Zim franchise he's just signed for though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, agree with that eleven. Might change the batting order a bit but that's definitely the eleven I'd pick at the moment. I'd look to get Barney Rogers in for Coventry if he scored any runs at all for whatever Zim franchise he's just signed for though.
Could be a case to get Taylor back up to opening once Taibu returns. Hamilton looks fairly adept against the spinners but Taylor is completely at sea against good spin and much prefers pace coming onto the bat.

Vermeulen has looked very decent on comeback, just needs to curb his natural aggression. Sibanda in a ideal world would be opening, technically sound and easy on the eyes but he isn't a one day cricketer. Get him opening in the Intercontinental Cup.

Been impressed with Coventry so far and its always nice to see a bespectacled cricketer. Franchise cricket starts at the end of the month, apparently along with Rogers, the likes of Doug Marillier and Andy Blignaut are considering a comeback.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Could be a case to get Taylor back up to opening once Taibu returns. Hamilton looks fairly adept against the spinners but Taylor is completely at sea against good spin and much prefers pace coming onto the bat.

Vermeulen has looked very decent on comeback, just needs to curb his natural aggression. Sibanda in a ideal world would be opening, technically sound and easy on the eyes but he isn't a one day cricketer. Get him opening in the Intercontinental Cup.

Been impressed with Coventry so far and its always nice to see a bespectacled cricketer. Franchise cricket starts at the end of the month, apparently along with Rogers, the likes of Doug Marillier and Andy Blignaut are considering a comeback.
Yeah, it's hard with Taylor; I don't know where they should be batting him. One one hand he's the best rotator of the strike in the team barring Sean Williams and he doesn't move his feet much at the start of his innings so you think he'd be better suited at 4-6, but on the other hand he's much better against pace than spin which would make you inclined to open with him. I suppose this conundrum is why he only averages 27 or so and not 35 - no matter where he bats he has big problems to target.

Coventry's a good striker of the ball but I really don't think he should be batting three unless the openers really set a good platform as he definitely seems to enjoy getting set, accelerating the scoring and then throwing his wicket away needlessly. He'd be a good six or seven to come in and launch with Chigumbura but despite his success at three against BD, I don't think it'll prosper long-term. That he might not even be in the best eleven after upcoming franchise cricket season shows that Zimbabwe's batting stocks are quite decent at the moment.. shame about the selection policy and the bowling though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would be a dreadful way for the first 200 to come up in ODIs. Against Bangladesh on a road in Zimbabwe.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Would be a dreadful way for the first 200 to come up in ODIs. Against Bangladesh on a road in Zimbabwe.
Still therez the same diff between India & Pakistan as Zim & Bangladesh now when Anwar scored 194*. Dosen't matter who scores its a much deserved record.