• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wow simply Brilliant!!
I never expected Zimbabwae to win after Hossain's Hattrick, but guess Taylor had other ideas.. very well played... :) good to see the young teams battling it out.. :)

Steulen

International Regular
It's unbelievable how bad an ODI team Bangladesh is, despite having a few class players. I say: give the Dutch a shot at them :).

Nevertheless, great work by Brendan Taylor. Hope he will be able to repeat the feat when he comes up against good opposition.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Absolutely awesome match, I guess it looks like I`m jumping on the bandwagon, but I`ve really enjoyed this series. Regardless of his wicketlessnesseses, Prosper has led the side well, and Taylor is simply a gun, even with no footwork. :D

Steulen

International Regular
Nnanden said:
Absolutely awesome match, I guess it looks like I`m jumping on the bandwagon, but I`ve really enjoyed this series. Regardless of his wicketlessnesseses, Prosper has led the side well, and Taylor is simply a gun, even with no footwork. :D
Agreed on Utseya. An excellent ODI bowler, even if he never takes a wicket.

Where's Richard when you need him ;).

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anil said:
no point in asking that question really, they are in the international arena for ever...i've never been a supporter, but i've stopped asking any questions...at some point in the indeterminate future, they should come good....
But surely if you promoted Rwanda, or any country into the test arena, in 300 years they might come good, you could say the same for Bangladesh :laugh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
But surely if you promoted Rwanda, or any country into the test arena, in 300 years they might come good, you could say the same for Bangladesh :laugh:
yeah you could....but as i said what's the point? they are in the test arena and they are gonna stay there however much we criticize them, so i just stopped wasting my breath, that's all.....felt a mild interest when they ran the aussies close in the first test of the last series, thought that was the beginning of a real improvement, the results since have shown that to be another false dawn....

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks likely that Zimbabwe will wrap up the series here. Great if Zimbabwe can manager it but how embarrassing will the series defeat be for Bangladesh?

Who now seem like there are moving one step forward, two steps back.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
They haven't played any match since the series after Australia. Long gap might be a reason.
TT Boy said:
Who now seem like there are moving one step forward, two steps back.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Indeed it looks like its all over for Bangaldesh, i so wanted them to succeed :( but Zimbabwae playing quite well. Prosper Utseya an excellent find for Zimbabwae.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Interesting statistics: Bangladesh never won a single ODI under Khaled Mashud's captaincy. In fact, it was the worst performance by Bangladesh under him in last world cup(they even lost to Canada, lost 4 wickets in first over against Srilanka). And its happening here again.

alternative said:
Indeed it looks like its all over for Bangaldesh, i so wanted them to succeed :( but Zimbabwae playing quite well. Prosper Utseya an excellent find for Zimbabwae.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zimbabwe ran Bangladesh close last time as well didn't they? 2-0 up but Bangladesh won the next 3 to seal the series or something?

So its not like Bangladesh demolished them last series as well.

stumpski

International Captain
I think Bangladesh will develop into a side that's hard to beat on their own patch, but don't travel well. Plus, they were without Habibul Bashar after the second game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
stumpski said:
I think Bangladesh will develop into a side that's hard to beat on their own patch, but don't travel well. Plus, they were without Habibul Bashar after the second game.
And Mashud has a mildly amazing captaincy record:

Played 12 Tests, 26 ODIs
Lost 12 Tests, 24 ODIs
No-result 2 ODIs.

Poor chap.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
And Mashud has a mildly amazing captaincy record:

Played 12 Tests, 26 ODIs
Lost 12 Tests, 24 ODIs
No-result 2 ODIs.