• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't it would be a good idea to make Sanga act at 6, he takes time to get his innings going and i don't think he would feel too comfortable at no.6. Anyways Murali gets another 5 wicket haul and its his 58th five wicket haul in test cricket, though we all know he didn't even break a sweat to get these five wickets today.
It would be a roving role where he can bat at 3 or 4 if required and rest up at 6 when required. Really if it means dropping Prassana Jayawardene then i would be happy with anything, even Dilshan keeping.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Prassana Jayawardena is very good at keeping. The two stumpings today are really gun

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway I am pleased Vandort is doing no harm to his prospects at the moment...Hope I have not put the kiss of death on the guy...

Any chances of this Test finishing before the close of 4th session.....

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
what's going on .. sorry to be off topic but what are all the of topic posts doing in cricket chat?

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
poor Bangladesh team, I can't watch anymore, they are smashed all around the ground. meh, it's a way to learn, but they are learning too slow. hope the 2nd test match will be just a bit closer. some poor fielding, poor bowling... poor everything.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty typical performance from Muralitharan, take a handful of wickets against Bangladesh. I was very, very disappointed with the Tigers batting performance, I thought they may have finally got a few things sorted but I see they still decided to select Khaled Mashud which was a mistake. Malinda Warnapura will be very disappointed, but hopefully not too dis-heartened by his golden duck. Michael Vandort is doing quite well, him and Mahela Jayawardene are both on track for centuries.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This scoreline is just so sad form the point of view of international cricket. I think everyone barr the idiot who mentioned global warming is really hoping the Bangas kick on, but this is just a woeful performance.

Not taking anything away from SL who obviously bowled & fielded well, but it's just sad to see the Bangas regress when everyone is hoping so much that they will get a kick along, instead of just another kicking.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
I would put some Blame on young Ashraful he is a very good batsman but time and again throws his wicket away and some of the other shots by the tail enders were well short of what is requird at test level.

How come Mashud is playing his defensive game is not suited to a team in real trouble even though he has been a fine servent for the tigers i would have thought Mushfiqur Rahim would have offerd more.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would put some Blame on young Ashraful he is a very good batsman but time and again throws his wicket away and some of the other shots by the tail enders were well short of what is requird at test level.

How come Mashud is playing his defensive game is not suited to a team in real trouble even though he has been a fine servent for the tigers i would have thought Mushfiqur Rahim would have offerd more.
Hey Nishan a tad off topic, but i presume your Sri Lankan. I was just wondering what your Sri Lankan background is.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vandort scores an impressive ton.
I could say something about the story of his FC career transferring on the International stage, but i wont. Hopefully his one of those players that excels at the higher level, as there nothing wrong with another No 3 option, so Sangakkara can bat at 4-6 and keep as well.