• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

WpGuy

U19 Debutant

Heboric

International Debutant
Run 4 , dont see that often at test level.

Still think one of the funniest things I have seen at test level is a batsman getting runout going for the fourth :crazy:

Stefan9

International Debutant
What language did he use that is bulling? I have been bulled in sports and at school so pray tell?
Blaming the alleged victims for not being tough enough is the typical bully defence.

Wording of harden up and it's a man's game is typical bullying macho speech 101...

Marius

International Debutant
Blaming the alleged victims for not being tough enough is the typical bully defence.

Wording of harden up and it's a man's game is typical bullying macho speech 101...
It's international cricket, they must toughen up.

Have our players ever complained about getting sledged, even under the 'mental disintegration' strategy used by Steve Waugh?

It's part of the game. I would honestly prefer there to be some words exchanged on the field than have the players be emotionless automatons.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member

Have our players ever complained about getting sledged, even under the 'mental disintegration' strategy used by Steve Waugh?

It's part of the game. I would honestly prefer there to be some words exchanged on the field than have the players be emotionless automatons.
None of that makes it right or acceptable... and we not talking a few words in the heat of the moment, we are talking concerted efforts to make a player feel uncomfortable by saying things that in most circumstances would not be tolerated.

Even though I don't think that the sledging was that hard this last test, it was much worse during the previous Aus series.

Marius

International Debutant
None of that makes it right or acceptable... and we not talking a few words in the heat of the moment, we are talking concerted efforts to make a player feel uncomfortable by saying things that in most circumstances would not be tolerated.

Even though I don't think that the sledging was that hard this last test, it was much worse during the previous Aus series.
How do you know what was said? How do you know it crossed some imaginary line?

Stefan9

International Debutant

Being tolerated previously doesn't make it right.

Banter is fine sledging is not.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
How do you know what was said? How do you know it crossed some imaginary line?
Who decides where the line is? How is it defined?
People know when they are being insulting pricks... at least those that have socialized properly. As always much of this has to do with context.

And nobody, including the players, denies the existence of sledging or that sledging happens. If you want to say insulting other people is acceptable, in context, so be it. But nobody else has to agree that insulting others is ok.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That rain break was strange for me.... was sitting outside under bright sunshine not 5km away (as the bird fly's).

Flem274*

123/5
I do not like this type of language from the guy who is suppose to represent SA. This is the type of language used by bullies...

hmm on one hand sledging in non-contact sport is pretty cowardly so elgar sounds like the typical batsman hiding behind his bowlers. on the other hand, bangers are not known for being shrinking violets, especially mushfiqur.

Marius

International Debutant
People know when they are being insulting pricks... at least those that have socialized properly. As always much of this has to do with context.

And nobody, including the players, denies the existence of sledging or that sledging happens. If you want to say insulting other people is acceptable, in context, so be it. But nobody else has to agree that insulting others is ok.
How do you know that the Saffas were being insulting pricks and the Bangladeshis aren't just being precious?

Without knowing what was actually said on the field we can not say with any certainty either is true.

And what insults are OK? Is telling an oke he can't bat insulting and therefore on the side of the imaginary line of what is acceptable and what is not?