• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA pacers are hard to keep track of. Last I heard you guys were talking up Dupavillion as one for the future. Stuurman did nothing wrong when he was picked, nor did Williams. Now somehow Sipamla is back in the mix. Olivier looks a much lesser bowler without the pace and should be replaced though. And none of these guys are close to first choice.

Dendarii

International Debutant
And none of these guys are close to first choice.
That's the reason they're hard to keep track of. We know who our best quicks are, but they're all in India. It's probably fair to say that the guys in the squad are the best of what's available (apart from the omission of Coetzee), but it's not clear who the best amongst them is, and I don't think even the selectors have that good an idea.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I don't know if Mulder will or will not succeed long term, but I do know that he is not being treated fairly. He has performed well with the ball, but does not get an opportunity to bowl when required (note he took a wicket straight away). He has started his career in a struggling batting order coming down at 7 and everybody just expects him to suddenly start making big runs!? What we can say is that dropping him then selecting him then dropping him has not done, and is not likely to do his career or confidence any good. He scored a great 100 the other day, get selected for SA but nobody then backs him to do his job? And then look at the benefit he brings if we can coax him along to succeed even on a reasonable level (i.e high 35+ bat, 28ish bowler). Then the whole balance of the team becomes better and easier. Want to play two spinners no problem. Need to pick a 4th seamer and still keep a spinner no problem. Without him we end up with to many bowlers or not enough batsmen.
And this is how Parnell was ruined... Picked early, then yo-yoed on and off the bench.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
That's the reason they're hard to keep track of. We know who our best quicks are, but they're all in India. It's probably fair to say that the guys in the squad are the best of what's available (apart from the omission of Coetzee), but it's not clear who the best amongst them is, and I don't think even the selectors have that good an idea.
And Baartman, M Pretorius, E Bosch, Paterson, Viljoen...

Given Paterson' '21 county season he must surely come into the equation?

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Wow, you guys have a lot of faith in Harmer's batting after what he showed in one knock, given a franchise batting average of 21 (and the experts say our franchise level is weak..) which is a whole 0,05 points higher than Maharaj's...

Aritro

International Regular
I do not like this type of language from the guy who is suppose to represent SA. This is the type of language used by bullies...

Hard to know what to make of it really. On the one hand, a formal complaint was said to have been lodged? On the other, it very much looked like our guys were doing plenty of sledging themselves, and if, as previously reported, they were unhappy about the extremes of the South African sledging it rather clashes with what Mominul says about not having complained about sledging and not being too bothered about it.

What Elgar said certainly makes him sound like a dickhead though, it defo annoyed me when I read the quote this morning.

Aritro

International Regular
I've lost enthusiasm for this now that Taskin is down. Not so much because of that second innings humiliation as we're plenty used to that.

The main point of interest in this series was potentially watching all three of Ebadot, Taskin and Shoriful operating on pacy South African deck. Ebadot, Khaled Ahmed and Abu Jayed operating together doesn't quite capture the imagination in the same way.

On that note, what's the deck at this ground usually like?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Miserable weather predicted for the next 3 days (and is miserable and windy this morning)... rain uncertainty throughout. Gqeberha has its own special micro-climate so it is very unpredictable morning to afternoon, hopefully we can get most of days play in for this Test.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
That sledge pre-test was awesome from Elgar. Loved it. Would have given some interest for passive followers to follow this test.