• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

Aritro

International Regular
Bangladesh fans have a new entry for the "lowest point for your team" thread....
Lol, not even close given the many other entries that belong in that thread tbh. They competed well for most of the match before disaster struck.

Aritro

International Regular
Oh dear

Will this be forever known as the Banglasdeshis Sydney
I thought the umpiring was piss poor and we were on the wrong end of it more times than they were. Some of the LBWs were particularly annoying. I wouldn't go lodging a formal complaint about it though.

Can't comment on the sledging aspect as I wasn't out in the middle. It looked like our guys were giving plenty back but I'm not sure what sort of stuff was being said to them. If they had an informal chat to the match referee, and he responded by behaving like a **** towards a senior Bangladeshi official, then I can completely understand why they'd want to go the formal route though.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Nevertheless congratulations to South Africa, they outplayed us over more sessions and eventually got value for bowling very high quality, accurate and crafty spin in what was more or less an impeccable display from Maharaj and Harmer. Rickleton also looks like someone who's going to be around a long time although he didn't reach 50 in either innings.

It's just a shame that despite winning the one-dayers 2-1 and then playing well over four really absorbing, competitive days of cricket in which our quicks continued to show improvement and Joy made his second ton in three tests, the main conversation piece we left behind was another pathetic collapse.

Heboric

International Debutant
I thought the umpiring was piss poor and we were on the wrong end of it more times than they were. Some of the LBWs were particularly annoying. I wouldn't go lodging a formal complaint about it though.

Can't comment on the sledging aspect as I wasn't out in the middle. It looked like our guys were giving plenty back but I'm not sure what sort of stuff was being said to them. If they had an informal chat to the match referee, and he responded by behaving like a ****, then I can completely understand why they'd want to go the formal route though.
The thing is the "umpires call" has affected all teams at some time, i know it feels crappy when its your team

Aritro

International Regular
The thing is the "umpires call" has affected all teams at some time, i know it feels crappy when its your team
Yeah that's part of the reason I wouldn't get carried away about it, but it was pretty dire. We just need to scrap the rule or find a better version of it. If 48% of the ball is hitting the stumps, it's a bit grim having it given not out. But to be fair, I wasn't that bothered about it until this test when it was finally our turn to suffer the effects of it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but he is the only genuine quality batting allrounder in the country... I would be giving him lots of rope. He has not actually had a consecutive decent test run yet.
I’ll be surprised if he plays on Friday. Sipamla will be favoured on their home ground and Harmer looking decent with the bat doesn’t help Mulder’s cause. Two spinners are a must, Mulder isn’t.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I’ll be surprised if he plays on Friday. Sipamla will be favoured on their home ground and Harmer looking decent with the bat doesn’t help Mulder’s cause. Two spinners are a must, Mulder isn’t.
On the last performance I would rather drop Olivier for Sipamla. And otherwise the team is well balanced as is. They need to stop dropping Mulder for two out of three tests and then become surprised that he can't settle. Give him a 10 test run and then we can see where he stands.

Bahseph

State Captain
StephenZA I admire your belief in Mulder and I think we all can agree that he is obviously talented,but he hasn't shown much at Test level except some excellent catching and a few good spells with the ball against SL and WI. I'd give him the next match and I think in theory he might be the best bet for England,but a 10 Test run on current form is not going to do him or SA any good. Especially with Elgar bowling himself before him!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
StephenZA I admire your belief in Mulder and I think we all can agree that he is obviously talented,but he hasn't shown much at Test level except some excellent catching and a few good spells with the ball against SL and WI. I'd give him the next match and I think in theory he might be the best bet for England,but a 10 Test run on current form is not going to do him or SA any good. Especially with Elgar bowling himself before him!
I don't know if Mulder will or will not succeed long term, but I do know that he is not being treated fairly. He has performed well with the ball, but does not get an opportunity to bowl when required (note he took a wicket straight away). He has started his career in a struggling batting order coming down at 7 and everybody just expects him to suddenly start making big runs!? What we can say is that dropping him then selecting him then dropping him has not done, and is not likely to do his career or confidence any good. He scored a great 100 the other day, get selected for SA but nobody then backs him to do his job? And then look at the benefit he brings if we can coax him along to succeed even on a reasonable level (i.e high 35+ bat, 28ish bowler). Then the whole balance of the team becomes better and easier. Want to play two spinners no problem. Need to pick a 4th seamer and still keep a spinner no problem. Without him we end up with to many bowlers or not enough batsmen.

Marius

International Debutant
We should persist with Mulder for England, only because Boland and Mayers showed what a medium-fast wobbly seamer can do to their middle order.