• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in South Africa 2022

Aritro

International Regular
I'm sure I'm about to jinx it but Shanto loves a slow, low deck.

I've gone back to thinking bowling first was an ok decision. We only have one spinner in the squad given Shakib's absence. Might as well let the quicks use whatever juice was in the pitch.

Aritro

International Regular
Have to give Elgar a lot of credit for this attacking field. He's got a slip, short leg and silly point involved for Harmer. May as well go on the attack when you've got runs to play with.

Aritro

International Regular
This has been fantastic bowling from the SA spinners. They've found their rhythm now and haven't wavered at all for 6-8 overs now.

cnerd123

likes this
Imagine going to South Africa and getting spun out ffs

Harmer is so good. Huge for SA he's back. Can't wait to see their next tour of Asia.

Aritro

International Regular
Well that was a fantastic day of test cricket. South Africa right on top after 35 overs of really good, accurate and intelligent spin bowling. The Deshi batsmen didn't help themselves by failing to turn over the strike, thereby allowing the South Africans to put 4 or 5 catchers around the bat. Siddons needs to have a serious word with them overnight.

Harmer was fantastic, mixing up pace and flight when needed and bowling a generally excellent length. We're going to lose this unless it pisses down for two days.

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
That faster ball by Harmer was unreal. I remember watching him against us in 2015 but can't remember too much about him. They need to realise very quickly he's got that faster ball and stop playing off the back foot so breezily.
All I remember about that 2015 series is rain

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Saf had great overrates even during our series where spin didn't have much of a role to play. Credit to them for that.

Re Harmer I didn't see much but I felt based on what I did that he would be a not-inconsiderable loss for SA at the time during 2015 or so. Glad he has added a few strings to his bow and gotten better.

I guess we suffer due to our ranking and reputation in that we wouldn't get test matches at PE & Durban that are not prime venues/first choices for a 3 test series which will suit us a lot. Ashwin and Jadeja would have been big factors here.

Aritro

International Regular
Wish the Cricinfo coverage had an over rate tracker on their running scoreboard.

I could take it or leave it with the run rate, the number of wickets and indeed the score itself, but for those of us who revel in a fast over rate it's frustrating to have to do mental maths all the time.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Wish the Cricinfo coverage had an over rate tracker on their running scoreboard.

I could take it or leave it with the run rate, the number of wickets and indeed the score itself, but for those of us who revel in a fast over rate it's frustrating to have to do mental maths all the time.
As an England supporter, I can agree that this is information I could have done without recently

Aritro

International Regular
We won't get more than five out of our last two bats, and even that might be optimistic so this partnership is everything.

I can't believe they haven't given Mulder a bowl. Especially given the overcast conditions. It's really, really weird.

Heboric

International Debutant
I know i always take a pop at Durban (and rightfully so), the bad part of it is so difficult to catch up lost time when you going off for bad light so early.