• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm glad they've gone on to play shots. It may not have come off and we could have been in trouble but that said this is a pitch we'd be happy with 250+

The gamble has paid off. Although there's plenty of cricket to come if we had 320+ on day one with a wicket or two lost we'll be declaring by tea or earlier with a reasonable first inning score. From then on Bangladesh will have to look to draw. Not beyond them if they apply like they did at mount but it's going to be some task.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't wait for Conway's crash like Hussey or Carl Hooper in one or two years and for everyone to start calling for his head and saying Tasman Jones has the runs to take his place.

nzfan

Latham is a gun bat but his top 5 scores are vs SL (2) and Bangladesh (3). Not his fault he doesn't get to play other nations as often but it's something he'd like changed I guess.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, have a nice sleep tonight Conway

Excellent day. Can't really ask for anything better in terms of a comeback after the last test.

Flem274*

123/5
Good answer to the Mt Maunganui disgrace, but it is still just one day.

I understand there's weather on the way otherwise I'd want 700, so will settle for 550 then skittle them twice under 100.

I don't have absurd expectations of my entertainers.

Moss

Watched the first session, was quite a statement from Latham though he was a bit loose. Pretty much the perfect scenario given the forecast, NZ should aim to bat once and then leave BD to deal with scoreboard pressure. Wonder if tomorrow will be the last time we see Taylor in whites.

Good effort from Young too, though I’m not sure opening suits him best; when KW returns I’d like to see Conway go back to opening and Young getting the no.4 spot.

Flem274*

123/5
Watched the first session, was quite a statement from Latham though he was a bit loose. Pretty much the perfect scenario given the forecast, NZ should aim to bat once and then leave BD to deal with scoreboard pressure. Wonder if tomorrow will be the last time we see Taylor in whites.

Good effort from Young too, though I’m not sure opening suits him best; when KW returns I’d like to see Conway go back to opening and Young getting the no.4 spot.
Spicy take - our best 3-5 is KW, Conway and Young.

Latham being the only proper opener of our six best batsmen makes the order hard though. KW, Conway, Latham, Young, Nicholls then one of Mitchell, Ravindra and Phillips are the best batsmen available likely to be selected for SA.

I would be stubborn and suggest a Greg Hay could sneak into the six for 12 months and solve the opener issue until Ravindra is ready, but it will not happen.