• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Liton kept great in the first Test so it's kind of weird Nurul is doing it now. Liton dropped a catch in slips too which definitely proves he's a real wicket keeper.
Yeah, that one time when injury to Rohit in the last minute meant we had to play Saha, Dhoni was still the keeper. Weird af from Bangladesh. Presuming Liton would have kept had Mushfiq been fit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, that one time when injury to Rohit in the last minute meant we had to play Saha, Dhoni was still the keeper. Weird af from Bangladesh. Presuming Liton would have kept had Mushfiq been fit.
Yeah Nurul coming in for Mushfiqur and keeping sounds like it makes sense but Mushfiqur was playing as a batsman and Liton kept like an absolute dream in the first Test. Nurul must be regarded as the better keeper but he doesn't look it at all.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just imagining Tom Latham's career with all the asterisks on it that the Kiwi Posters would put there

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Nurul coming in for Mushfiqur and keeping sounds like it makes sense but Mushfiqur was playing as a batsman and Liton kept like an absolute dream in the first Test. Nurul must be regarded as the better keeper but he doesn't look it at all.
He's too tall. About a foot taller than the average Bangladeshi keeper.

thierry henry

International Coach
Bizarre commentary from McMillan and Mills. Latham guides one to gully who drops it, and they reckon it’s a good shot and ‘pressure on the bowler’.

Aritro

International Regular
Just tuned in lads. Sounds like Nuruls had a bad day but he's a gun keeper. World class with the gloves and I'm an advocate for playing him and keeping liton fresh to bat longer.

Have we had lots of drops/missed chances?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I may have missed something but I can only recall one dropped catch. The fielding apart from the over-throws hasn't been too bad.

Unfortunately for Bangladesh, I think the bowlers just haven't had a plan or haven't stuck to the plan if there was one. They've been bowling inconsistent lengths, and Latham and co have taken to them. I'm sure a part of it is the NZ players were given a rocketing after their dismal efforts in the first Test and have responded.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just tuned in lads. Sounds like Nuruls had a bad day but he's a gun keeper. World class with the gloves and I'm an advocate for playing him and keeping liton fresh to bat longer.

Young was dropped once (where it hilariously ended up being 7 runs) and Latham got dropped just before although that was an exceptionally tough chance.

Unpopular opinion maybe but I would say plays and misses, edges through the cordon, half shouts for LBWs etc have actually been reasonably frequent. Definitely some luck broadly on NZ’s side in that sense but a lot of loose bowling mostly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be fair, its understandable. I remember India in RSA in 2006 doing the same after Sreesanth won us that game there. It is very natural to get carried away in SENA, esp. when pitches look like grasscourts, for SC teams who have their first real pace attack with actual match winning potential. What I would hope for, is that BD build their infra in their home to identify, produce and nurture fast bowling talent with time. That is usually the biggest uptick of showings like Ebadot's last game.