• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CdG being brought on to stem the flow of runs and it actually working says a lot about how Soult bowled.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Boult averages 39.40 in matches when he isn't playing with Southee.
Southee averages 38.73 when he isn't playing with Boult.

Mike5181

International Captain
I'd drop Southee, he has been terrible for a few years now.
If the batsmen were failing, fine. We have viable replacements running around with the likes of Dean Brownlie, Will Young, Bharat Popli, Tom Bruce, etc. all there or thereabouts. It's not though, it's the bowlers.

Henry's regressed in the last two years, Ferguson's fitness is a major issue in ODIs, let alone test cricket. Bracewell was never that great to begin with and now he's injured. Nuttall is also injured. Kuggeleijn isn't available, and Wheeler hasn't exactly dominated first-class stuff. I'm struggling to see where all these supposed test standard replacements are coming from.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
If the batsmen were failing, fine. We have viable replacements running around with the likes of Dean Brownlie, Will Young, Bharat Popli, Tom Bruce, etc. all there or thereabouts. It's not though, it's the bowlers.

Henry's regressed in the last two years, Ferguson's fitness is a major issue in ODIs, let alone test cricket. Bracewell was never that great to begin with and now he's injured. Nuttall is also injured. Kuggeleijn isn't available, and Wheeler hasn't exactly dominated first-class stuff. I'm struggling to see where all these supposed test standard replacements are coming from.
Exactly what I was thinking. I still don't like De Grandhomme in the side either, despite his Pakistan heroics, but I'm struggling to think who could replace him.

Hamish Bennett might be interesting, whether his body could stand five days is another question.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Exactly what I was thinking. I still don't like De Grandhomme in the side either, despite his Pakistan heroics, but I'm struggling to think who could replace him.

Hamish Bennett might be interesting, whether his body could stand five days is another question.
Neesham or Anderson should be playing ahead of CDG.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Watling is the Greg Dyer of NZ cricket. Presumably his career will go the same way. Poor from him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic from Shakib. Bangladesh's now averaging over 4 rpo for the innings which says a lot about NZ's inability to dry up the runs.