• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I've never wanted a batsman to get out more in the 90's than Nicholls, just doesnt belong at test level yet. Massive technical flaws, never looks comfortable at the crease. Think he will somehow get the series against SA but I'm hoping that he will fail so that the number 5 spot can go to its rightful heir Colin Munro.

BeeGee

International Captain
Tony was awesome when he commentated on the Little Lankans.
Especially when Ranatunga would have to run a couple of quick singles then mysteriously developed a leg injury so he could have a (much fitter and faster) runner.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was busy and saw none of yesterday - was surprised to see the match was already over when I checked the score. Also, the highlights from the blackcaps website are so stuttery as to be unwatchable for me at the moment, so I didn't even see the replays of successive Bangladeshi batsmen guiding catches to fielders.

Bring on the SA series.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Following that series, I'm reflecting on that pre-series debate about whether Bangers should still deserve the minnows tag or not.

There's no doubt they've improved from previous tours here & they were competitive in periods of games, but the fact they then invariably lost their bundle in all 7 out of 7 games in the tour & were white-washed in every form, even the white-ball forms where I really thought pre-series they might sneak 1 match, it's hard to push their case.

Add to that the fact NZ were fairly scratchy throughout and were a long way away from playing anywhere near their best cricket themselves, it's hard to remove that tag for mine. That is kind of what you would expect from a minnow side touring, that they would have some moments of competitiveness in some games, but still get whitewashed in the end.

I suppose it does depend of one's definition of what a minnow is so will vary from person to person, but I'm kind of on the fence with Bangers currently. If they are still to be considered a minnow, they're probably a little unlucky and certainly are a minnow on the improve, but by the same token they would be lucky NOT to be considered that way.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Following that series, I'm reflecting on that pre-series debate about whether Bangers should still deserve the minnows tag or not.

There's no doubt they've improved from previous tours here & they were competitive in periods of games, but the fact they then invariably lost their bundle in all 7 out of 7 games in the tour & were white-washed in every form, even the white-ball forms where I really thought pre-series they might sneak 1 match, it's hard to push their case.

Add to that the fact NZ were fairly scratchy throughout and were a long way away from playing anywhere near their best cricket themselves, it's hard to remove that tag for mine. That is kind of what you would expect from a minnow side touring, that they would have some moments of competitiveness in some games, but still get whitewashed in the end.

I suppose it does depend of one's definition of what a minnow is so will vary from person to person, but I'm kind of on the fence with Bangers currently. If they are still to be considered a minnow, they're probably a little unlucky and certainly are a minnow on the improve, but by the same token they would be lucky NOT to be considered that way.
Your opinion on this had been keeping me up at night.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your opinion on this had been keeping me up at night.
You shouldn't allow someone's views on a sporting forum affect you this way. Might I suggest meditation, exercise, a good diet & as a very last resort, sleeping pills. Good luck with that.