• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Blocky

Banned
Good idea but I like the idea of full and straight, yorker length and see if he can get bat down in time.
Yeah, that works too, but I'd prefer to see that around the wicket, which requires a few deliveries short there first to set it up.

Blocky

Banned
You can almost guarantee one or the other will end up with a jammy little three fer when they come on and get to bowl at the tail though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure; it's best for the team, but in my view we need to ask hard questions about the both of them, which won't happen should they get a burst of three tail end wickets here.
I'm kind of resigned to the fact that Southee and Boult would never be rested/dropped regardless of how they bowl tbh. Timmy in particular seems as if he's entitled to play for NZ for as long as he pleases, that's certainly the impression. Because he's Tim Southee.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Are you serious? This is Test cricket. unless you're dying or risking permanent injury for life, you battle through it.

NZ would love nothing more for him to retire, but I'm guessing Mush is too gritty to give it away due to some pain.
He's literally playing with one hand. Chance of permanent damage.

Blocky

Banned
Not the first to do it, won't be the last, plenty of batsmen have batted entire series with a broken finger.

Alec Stewart used to keep wicket and bat with broken fingers, frequently.

Zinzan

Not the first to do it, won't be the last, plenty of batsmen have batted entire series with a broken finger.

Alec Stewart used to keep wicket and bat with broken fingers, frequently.
And much worse than that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm kind of resigned to the fact that Southee and Boult would never be rested/dropped regardless of how they bowl tbh. Timmy in particular seems as if he's entitled to play for NZ for as long as he pleases, that's certainly the impression. Because he's Tim Southee.
He was MOTM in our last bloody Test.

Burgey

He's literally playing with one hand. Chance of permanent damage.
FMD mate, blokes in the 80s faced the West Indies with broken fingers, thumbs and hands. Let's be realistic here.

Clarke made 160 odd against SA with a fractured collarbone ffs.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
His first performance in 18 months in the test format, back to utter **** in this.... and at a time where his team are dominant, against an injured player who has already been worked over, he's bowling 127 kph.

Zinzan

The fact he's been continuously picked after **** performances in the last 3 years is more my point. Let's not pretend we don't all know it.

You're sounding like you were with Guptill, when he failed in countless innings in a row and then finally got that hundred against SL, and you said something like 'Where those Guptill haterz now?"

If someone keeps getting given continuous chances after failing, they're bound to come good once in a while, that doesn't always justify the occasions prior to that they were picked and failed.

I'd rather look at Southee's numbers in the last 3 years or so, not he last match when he finally took a bag full.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
:laugh:

Six runs in the last ten overs really doesn't help Bangladesh at all. Pointless batting.
Saw Wagner off; which reduces the threat of wickets, and meanwhile they're eating time out of the game too which will start to deflate the NZers in the field and shift momentum.

You've watched Test Cricket before right?