• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Having a hard time seeing Bangladesh getting out of this - there's a lot of overs left today and they probably need to bat another 30-40 of them. Can only imagine how much you'd be fuming as a Bangla supporter, even if it's happened a dozen times before.

Still a chance of NZ collapsing in the chase I guess.

Sounds like good bowling from Wagner and Santner.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wake up, *****. Wake up and witness this. I want to read those ashen posts, I want to read the reaction every time a wicket falls. I want you to question your love of this team, then ditch them for one of the seven others you support.

Zinzan

Mushfiq just needs to go back in the hut. Clearly he is in pain and this is not the end of the world
Are you serious? This is Test cricket. unless you're dying or risking permanent injury for life, you battle through it.

NZ would love nothing more for him to retire, but I'm guessing Mush is too gritty to give it away due to some pain.

thierry henry

International Coach
Make no doubt about it, if we win, it's not because we actively pursued it, our fielding, field settings and even batting were all atrocious considering.
Responding to a 500+ score with 500+ is not an atrocious effort. Failing to aggressively pursue victory when no-one in the 140 year history of test cricket has ever won after conceding that many does not qualify as a catastrophic tactical failure. Actually winning in these circumstances (acknowledging how poor the first innings bowling effort was) would qualify as at least "pretty good" imo.

Blocky

Banned
Responding to a 500+ score with 500+ is not an atrocious effort. Failing to aggressively pursue victory when no-one in the 140 year history of test cricket has ever won after conceding that many does not qualify as a catastrophic tactical failure. Actually winning in these circumstances (acknowledging how poor the first innings bowling effort was) would qualify as at least "pretty good" imo.
Let's of course forget it's a Bangladesh bowling attack, on a dead wicket, where every single one of our Top 8 got a start, with 6 of them scoring more than 40 yet only one of them went on with it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wouldn't mind seeing Boult/Southee come in soon if they can get their pace up. Really need to keep up Wagner's testing of Rahim here.

Blocky

Banned
Wouldn't mind seeing Boult/Southee come in soon if they can get their pace up. Really need to keep up Wagner's testing of Rahim here.
That would require either of them to be able to bowl to a plan, and not bowl powder puff short pitched deliveries they can't control the line of.

Zinzan

I wish Wagner could bowl forever tbt. I like that he has a clear plan and has the skill to bowl to it.

Blocky

Banned
I wish Wagner could bowl forever tbt. I like that he has a clear plan and has the skill to bowl to it.
I'd still like to see him throw one wide and full for Mushy to have a swing at, I think they're just as likely getting his wicket that way.

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd still like to see him throw one wide and full for Mushy to have a swing at, I think they're just as likely getting his wicket that way.
Good idea but I like the idea of full and straight, yorker length and see if he can get bat down in time.

Challis

U19 12th Man
I don't understand why Sabbir isn't attempting to either take most of the strike or atleast take the strike when Wagner's bowling

Athlai

Not Terrible
Santner is so much better than any spinner we've had since Vettori, can seriously keep the pressure up. We really missed that when Southee/Boult were on fire a few years back, always had that release valve, now they're the release valve but hopefully that'll turn around too. Southee/Boult/Wagner/Santner + Anderson or Neesham or CDG is one of our better attacks ever if they can actually find form.