• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We basically have Bhuvi. Can't see Ishant and Umesh going well there over 5 matches.

OverratedSanity

Honestly I'm a little bored of the home season now. Touring away always feels a little more exciting even though you know the team is going to lose.

Hate the scheduling. 18 months of non stop touring in 2013-15, now two full years of home tests, then we tour non stop again. So ******.

Last edited:

Motorwada

Banned
Sub continent side winning against sub continent side away isn't as big of a deal tbh. It's winning when the conditions are alien that is the test. I'd expect us to beat anyone at home. On the flip side.
But it hasn't been so right? SA won in 2012. SL won in 2014. NZ drew in 2015. Pak in 2016. Plus even the series England wins they always drop matches.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I am actually gonna go out on a limb and claim that if India gives Australia a beating in India, India is gonna draw their next series there and will beat either England or SA but not both, our current team is basically in the same state as that of 2003, a very capable batting order and decent enough bowling that they can do their job if the opposition is under pressure which our Batting is capable of now. However, If Australia manages to sneak in a win/draw in a test or two the team will end up being shuffled and we will end up losing in Australia and will manage at most a draw in Eng/SA. I expect India to either draw or win in NZ regardless of the above.

vcs

Don't rate Shami?
LOL completely forgot about him :p

Not convinced TBH.. but he's one of the best quicks around in Asian conditions IMO. I see reverse swing as his main weapon.

One of these guys should follow Zaheer's lead and spend a county season over there. Harder now with IPL in that time of the year.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of these guys should follow Zaheer's lead and spend a county season over there. Harder now with IPL in that time of the year.
Also hard because can't see a county being interested much. Although Shami should find a place somewhere if he commits.

Burner

International Regular
A draw was a definite possibility on the last day. Mushfiqur should be ashamed of himself after getting out like that. Must be setting a good example to the rest of the team, the captain. And trying to secure a draw by hitting Ashwin out of the attack is the only possible way to do that, obviously.

indiaholic

International Captain
In the post match interview he said that the bowling and fielding was not good enough while he seemed perfectly content with the batting.. Which was strange..

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Why so?

- Before the series win in 2015, India had beaten SL in SL only once, back in 1993. Despite having our best team ever over the next 20 years, we never beat them there.
- Sri Lanka have never beaten India in India
- India have beaten Pakistan only once in Pakistan
- Pakistan have beaten India only once in India, back in 1986

Weirdly, Pakistan and SL have beaten each other a bunch of times in their opposing conditions.

Still, if conditions were that similar, you'd expect some more away victories. I'm not saying there aren't similarities in these conditions. There are. But the 3 countries+Bangladesh are hardly homogenous. There's enough of a challenge there for the away team to overcome to make it a considerably big achievement.

There have been similarities in conditions among other countries as well, like certain pitches in Aus/SA and SA/England. But they're never conveniently lumped together into one big amorphous blob like the SC countries. It's a little unfair imo.
Wow that's a shock to me tbh.

Right I'm gonna shut up. I've had a complete mare on here.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
It was actually a good game though if Bangladesh applied themselves a bit more, they could've quite easily drawn this. Mushfiqur's poor captaincy and keeping was probably the difference between the sides in the end. I strongly urge Mushfiqur to give up the gloves and captaincy: his batting is needed the most. The top order was a big let down. Umesh Yadav has been impressive with the ball. He has improved a lot as a fast bowler. I rate him one of the best among the world now. Him and Kumar make a really great combination. I'm still amazed why it is taking so long for Shami to return to the side. He was one of the best performing ODI pacers before and during the world cup. India are the red hot team at moment. I don't think the Australian side can do any better than Bangladesh. Jadeja has also improved immensely as a player. He looks more of a threat with the ball than Ashwin if you ask me.

Daemon

It was one of the most dead wickets in recent memory. 388 and 250 or ~230 overs while trying for a draw from the get go isn't what I'd call a good game. It was a poor performance from which some positives can still be drawn.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
How bad was the wicket though! I'd rather be entertained for 2 days on a filthy rank turner than watch something like this again.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Was the wicket really as bad as people are claiming? I mean sure India scored a lot for a little but they are playing in India with Kohli in the top form of his life.
If one was to solely go by Bangla's performance this would be called a fairly balanced wicket. Even within the match there was enough help for Taskin and the India quicks, and it's not as if any of the spinners got destroyed, Mehendi/Ashwin/Jadeja all ended up with credible figures, exactly why are we calling this a bad wicket?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Was the wicket really as bad as people are claiming? I mean sure India scored a lot for a little but they are playing in India with Kohli in the top form of his life.
If one was to solely go by Bangla's performance this would be called a fairly balanced wicket. Even within the match there was enough help for Taskin and the India quicks, and it's not as if any of the spinners got destroyed, Mehendi/Ashwin/Jadeja all ended up with credible figures, exactly why are we calling this a bad wicket?
A poor lbw decision was the only thing that masked how bad this track was. If Kohli had reviewed and continued, a 300 or even a 400 was his for the taking. This road only produced a result due to Ban batsmen's incompetence.