• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still think India will give Aust a dust up, but they'd want more in the decks that this.

Daemon

Dr. Holmes @dr_insomnia89
Post match presentation:

Ravi Shastri: Tough luck. But you played well. What would you like to say?

Rahim: Wo No-Ball nahi thi

lel

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hope Ban pull a move like SA did with Graeme Smith and make Miraz the captain. He's already won 3rd place in the U19 world cup as captain, so there's some potential.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Re: that final dismissal, shouldn't the umpire ask the fielding captain whether they want to review the LBW before they check for other dismissals?

Seeing a TV replay like they did just makes it easier for the fielding captain to decide when to use DRS and potentially get a signal from the dressing-room if they check a reply in the extra time allotted.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but the protocol seems to be that the captain can review only when the umpire rules out other modes of dismissal. Seems pretty strange and might save time if they can just send it up once for all to the 3rd umpire and tell him what are all the stuff being looked at. If the batsman is out caught, then you just let the review stay for the fielding captain, no different from a successful review. Remember Stokes getting out like this to Ashwin and he reviewed the LBW but the umpire was going to check all possible dismissals. Just another stupid thing like India batting for an over yesterday before lunch for basically no good reason.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Might want to read that post again.

Also, we do realise that India's been quite poor outside the SC, it does get a bit tedious when someone keeps chiming in with 'but look at their away record' whenever India's recent success is brought up.
He said it was 7 series wins in a row. You've won 6

OverratedSanity

The prevalent feeling that the Australia series is a foregone conclusion is a bit ****y tbh. We should win but on flat decks, you just never know. And with Voges no longer in the team, tit's one less free wicket against spin.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
or Sri Lanka for that matter.
Sub continent side winning against sub continent side away isn't as big of a deal tbh. It's winning when the conditions are alien that is the test. I'd expect us to beat anyone at home. On the flip side.

vcs

I think teams have a better chance of beating us, the longer this home streak goes on. People work you out, that's sport at the highest level.

OverratedSanity

Sub continent side winning against sub continent side away isn't as big of a deal tbh. It's winning when the conditions are alien that is the test. I'd expect us to beat anyone at home. On the flip side.
Why so?

- Before the series win in 2015, India had beaten SL in SL only once, back in 1993. Despite having our best team ever over the next 20 years, we never beat them there.
- Sri Lanka have never beaten India in India
- India have beaten Pakistan only once in Pakistan
- Pakistan have beaten India only once in India, back in 1986

Weirdly, Pakistan and SL have beaten each other a bunch of times in their opposing conditions.

Still, if conditions were that similar, you'd expect some more away victories. I'm not saying there aren't similarities in these conditions. There are. But the 3 countries+Bangladesh are hardly homogenous. There's enough of a challenge there for the away team to overcome to make it a considerably big achievement.

There have been similarities in conditions among other countries as well, like certain pitches in Aus/SA and SA/England. But they're never conveniently lumped together into one big amorphous blob like the SC countries. It's a little unfair imo.

vcs

TBF, you did fail to beat Pakistan and NZ in recent times. Not disputing your overall point, as this is the era of home bullying, but there are degrees of it. India are pretty good at it at the moment.

OverratedSanity

Ftr, I don't expect India to win anywhere in SA/Eng/Aus when we do tour. If we win the odd test match here and there, that'd be pretty sweet, but a series win? Nah.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
I have teeny tiny hopes for England just because I think our swing bowlers are decent now. But maybe they will all collectively break down in the first test.