• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in England

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Bangladesh could be sliding to defeat against an Essex side fielding only a few of their regular first XI . Will be chasing 130 to win.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Bangladesh could be sliding to defeat against an Essex side fielding only a few of their regular first XI . Will be chasing 130 to win.
Yean, but it's not a bad work-out for them to adjust to the conditions, they've at least had a fair amount of play in their Tour Matches, and Tamim and Shakib to come. The worse thing for them is Ashraful scoring runs, surely they can't pick him again?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Shafiul Islam looks like he's pulled up, that's him and Rubel both injured now.
Yeah, more bad news for Bangledesh. Robiul Islam has bowled pretty well this test match though so that will please them.

Essex currently making a meal out of chasing the small target. 81/5 now and Abdur Razzak got a wicket in his first over.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I just hope Bangledesh can put up a decent fight in test series, when they are batting they need to just occupy the crease play every ball on its merit, Stop trying to bash every ball for four this is always need to there downfall. Bangledesh have to learn to play boring test cricket say 240 runs a day of 90 overs for the loss of 4 or 5 wickets. :dry:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Loins Side Named

Alastair Cook (Essex, captain)
Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
Michael Carberry (Hampshire)
Steven Davies (Surrey, wkt)
Andrew Gale (Yorkshire)
James Harris (Glamorgan)
Steve Kirby (Gloucestershire)
Monty Panesar (Sussex)
Liam Plunkett (Durham)
James Taylor (Leicestershire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

Still too many players in there that are never going to make international players so whats the point, Steve Kirby?

Jarquis

Cook
Carberry
Ali
Gale
Taylor
Davies
Woakes
Plunkett
Harris
Panesar
Kirby
That'll be the batting order I guess?
No Rashid :(

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Cook
Carberry
Ali
Gale
Taylor
Davies
Woakes
Plunkett
Harris
Panesar
Kirby
That'll be the batting order I guess?
No Rashid :(
Yeah, I think Rashid should be there to. There will be a lot of dissapointed English fans seeing as Panesar is back in the team.

stumpski

International Captain
Kirby ahead of Finn? =/

There was a doubt over his fitness earlier, he wasn't in the side yesterday, although he's playing in the game at the Oval. Sure to be in the 12 or 13 for the Test, although with Anderson now available may not actually play. Don't see them picking him ahead of Bresnan somehow.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One day games will be more intersting than the test series in terms of selection. Will England continue with the proven failure that is Prior? Will they go with the popular but risky option in Keiswetter? Or will they go with the right option :ph34r:

Will Wright be in there, will we play an extra batsman?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The test side should be....

Strauss
Cook
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn

Doubt we will go with that,i expect Trott to play and we will drop a bowler.Just think we need to find out if Bresnan can play as a number 7 for the winter as a 5th bowler will be extremely valuable.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, can't really see the point of playing six batsmen against Bangladesh - although I suppose you could say the same about five bowlers.

Jarquis

Carberry out of the Lions game with a bruised foot so Ravi Bopara comes into the side.

pskov

International 12th Man
The test side should be....

Strauss
Cook
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Finn

Doubt we will go with that,i expect Trott to play and we will drop a bowler.Just think we need to find out if Bresnan can play as a number 7 for the winter as a 5th bowler will be extremely valuable.
Nice idea in theory, but I don't think Bresnan will be able to prove either against Bangladesh. Very likely we won't have to bat deep enough or have to bowl that many overs for him to really get much of a run with either discipline. And even if we did and he did make an impact it would always have the 'well it was only Bangladesh' proviso.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Nice idea in theory, but I don't think Bresnan will be able to prove either against Bangladesh. Very likely we won't have to bat deep enough or have to bowl that many overs for him to really get much of a run with either discipline. And even if we did and he did make an impact it would always have the 'well it was only Bangladesh' proviso.
Yeah if i recall he spent the West Indies series last year not doing much at all.